Turning the Tables

"Where are you taking me?" I muttered.
"Away." Was the reply. Khamul handed me a horses reins. The horse was black.
"Like Tao!" He said cheerily. We rode out the Shire in silence. As the sun began to rise, I couldn't help but feel disappointed when took a different rode to the one my friends were on but I wasn't surprised. I couldn't believe myself, I had not been in Middle Earth 4 days before being captured. I took the opportunity to bully Khamul and tell him all the things I hated about him. I started telling him about my mother's crown which I had left heartbreakingly in camp.
"I new that whole time." I rambled but Khamul only chuckled.
"I know." He said. I was in the middle of telling him about how I killed him alongside Eowyn when his face suddenly twisted into alertness. I stopped talking and looked around. We were suddenly ambushed. Elves in golden armours made a circle around us with there spears pointing in. Elrohir stepped through them until he was facing both of us. He gave me a strange look before saying,
"Lady Elinor, what will you have done with you captor."
" He is immortal, so keep him confined. He is the head of the Dark Walkers and while he is not of huge value to the others he may be valuable to us." I told them. For the first time I saw visible fear on his face which made me smile. I let the guards take care of Khamul while I had my bond cut and dismounted off the horse. I walked over and hugged Elrohir in gratitude before I burst into tears.
"I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." I said hoarsely onto his shoulder. Elrohir went rigid as he realised what he meant. I felt he shake as he began to cry.
"I couldn't save him. He died for me." I sobbed. Elrohir nodded sadly.
"Is there a body?" That only made me burst into another fresh set of tears.

The night when I walked into camp I had never felt so full of emotions. Relief, anger, guilt, fear and sadness all ate away at me until it could barely talk to people, or look them in the eye. I was walking to my tent when strong warm arms embraced me from behind. I melted into them before I new who they belonged to.
"Your safe now. I know you are. It's not your fault." They said softly, finally I had the guts to look at the face and I forgot all the hate I had been harbouring for him.
"Thank you Legolas." I muttered before he walked me back into my tent and stayed with me until I fell asleep.

For the first time since I left Valinor I slept dreamlessly despite everything. When I woke up I immediately became conscious of someone sitting next to my bed. I remembered Legolas sitting there when I had fallen asleep but the blood hair belonged to Gildor.
"What are you doing here?" I muttered. He didn't answer but instead pushed the blanket underneath my chin and said:
"Shhh. Go back to sleep."
"No!" I protested. Getting up roughly. I was still wearing my clothes covered in ash and Elladens blood. The thought made me nauseated and I found a new set of clothes laid out for me.
"Please leave me." I demanded to him, who looked a little stunned.
"You need more rest!" He demanded. This only made me irritable and I picked up my boot from on the ground and threw it at him.
"GET OUT!" I screeched. He looked stunned as got up and walked to the entrance of tent. He gave me one last look before walking out leaving me in peace to get dressed. I laid the dirty cloths on ground with an intention to burn them and pulled on my boots. They felt dirty on the inside but they were only ones so I shut my eyes and let my toes wiggle around in them trying to make them feel normal. At last I placed my mother's crown on my head. Finally I left the tent. It was daylight, the fifth day of being in middle earth. I walked over to the tent which seemed to serving some foods.
I ate my breakfast hungrily by a small fire some had made. The birds were chirping happily and I shut my eyes listening to there complicated melodies, just absorbing them. Maybe it was food, the birds or throwing the boot at Gildors head but that morning I was feeling that maybe I could start to look forward again.