The Queen of Gondor

Thanks to @simplychristina for the encouragement. ☺️☺️

The ceremony took place in the hall of kings. There was the obvious truth that I was related to Eldarion but Arwen told the officiator that we were called sisters for our race and not our blood. He believed it and told Arwen that was beautiful. There were no guests, no after-party, no gowns, music, or decorations. Elrohir and Elladen didn't bother to turn up but Arwen and Eowyn watched with mixed emotions on their faces. I was milling around near the door when the officiator ordered me to walk up the middle.
"For tradition." He insisted. I walked over to Eldarion and he held out his hands for me to take. I took them gingerly trying to keep a level head. At least I didn't have to pretend to be happy like I did in my marriage to Khamul.
"When true loves finds us, our hearts grow and in the bonds of marriage, Eldarion, King of Gondor and Elinor of Valinor join their souls today for the rest of there days." The Officiator rambled. "Eldarion, do you take Elinor to be your wife and queen?"
"I do"
"And Elinor, do you take Eldarion to be your husband, to follow and support him whatever he does." The officiator asked me. I inhaled slowly and exhaled through my nose.
"I- I do," I muttered.
"With this kiss I pledge my love for Elinor." Eldarion said leaning in. I leant back a tiny bit forced myself so stop and take it. Eldarions lips were nothing like the loving softness of Legolas' but tried not to grimace he pulled away.
"I pronounce the love of man and wife, King and Queen of Gondor and Arnor." The officiator said to Arwen who clapped softly for her son and sister. Eowyn looked on with her blues eyes. I thanked the officiator and stepped away turning to Eldarion.
"We need the catapults ready to fire with enough stone to squash many dark servants. Have the archers positioned on the middle layers and your swordsman on top. Have your horses on the bottom close to the gates so when they break through they can charge." I told him annoyed at the time we had wasted with the ceremony.
"Elinor, we need to announce to the city of our marriage."
"Huh, oh," I said irritated further. He held out his arm which I didn't take and we walked into the balcony. News had already gotten out about the wedding and eager people waited to see the new Queen.
"May I present the new Queen Elinor." He yelled to crowd. They cheered at threw flowers and ribbons cheering happily. I smiled subconsciously and waved to them. My gaze however drifted into the distance where a dark cloud was looming forward. It was no ordinary storm cloud, however. It was so dark in colour and covering so much land that I knew that when it hit here, day or night, there would be darkness. The joy in the air suddenly felt  bitter and a peircing urge to yell out to Morgoth,
"Kill me or Die, but stop having me sit on the edge of it."
"What did you say, my Queen?" Eldarion asked me.
"Nothing, and I am not Queen. I am Elinor. Just Elinor."

It seemed the people were happy to have a queen again but when I started tearing apart families to make up numbers people grew angry. I remembered what had happened at Helms Deep and how mothers had cried and wailed but they didn't get violent. Crowds of people began panicking and started to attack any guards of Kings forces in or trying to run out of the city gates. I let a few go. They would be safer there but in small groups but if we tried to evacuate the city we would be in a worse position than we already were. The armoury was stretched thin providing armor and swords and the higher levels were packed full of angry, and scared women and children.  But for our struggles, we were outnumbered. I found Eldarion in the lower levels positioning men for the most effective counterattack. 
"We need more men," I said shaking my head. 
"Elinor, there are none." He said sadly.
"Light the beacon. We need aid from the Iron hills. Moria, The lonely mountain!"
"They are fighting their own battles." Eldarion said sadly. "We have already begged."
"What about the Easterlings." I insisted. 
"My father wiped out their race before I was born. If they any men they would have allied with Morgoth."
"The Haradrim?" I asked. Eldarion frowned slightly. 
"I have many rumors about there return, but they will not fight for us." He said stiffly. 
"Send out a rider!" I said. "We must have aid!"
"They will not agree."
"Eldarion, we MUST try," I said. He rolled his head slowly on his shoulders.
"Send out two riders. No more." He agreed gravely. I turned back around to run and find someone but Eldarion called my name. I turned around.
"Here." I held something out to me. It was a crown, no, it was Arwen's crown! "Wear it." He said.
"Give it to Arwen," I said. 
"It is yours now." He replied. "They people will follow a queen." He said quietly.  I realized why he was so quiet and sullen. 
"You're not going to die," I said. 
"I am only a man." He said. "Men a weak. My father knew it, I know it." He spun around and walked slowly away, the shadow of Morgoth coming closer and closer.