The Hobbits

As we were on the first boat I was the first to jump down off the boat. It was the same in how I remembered it but there was something not quite right. The air was thick and stuffy but fresh at the same time. The trees and flowers were healthy and full of life but they felt withered. 
"This is the Power of Morgoth," Elrohir said jumping down next to me. 
"No, it's just your presence," Legolas informed me rudely. 
"Your captain now, you can tell him what to do and he will have to obey for the sake of the Valar," Elladan said. I snickered imagining all the fun I could do with that detail but I pushed it out of my head. I didn't really hate Legolas, I was just angry. 
"My Lady, what will you have us do?" Asked the same elf who had alerted me of the near coming land before.
"When the other ships arrive we march," I said forming a wild plan in my head.
"And to where that may be, my lady?"
"To Hobbiton," I said trying to mentally tell myself that there might not be anyone there still alive. "If there's anyone more defenseless it's the halflings." 

The road to Hobbiton would otherwise have been longer if it wasn't for the excitement and the adrenaline that made us practically run.  When we got there though I could totally eat my words about what I had said earlier about the Halflings. As we walked down the road I got my first glimpse at the tiny houses when we were ambushed. All 1600 elves were threatened and sword point in the blink of an eye. Two hobbits who I later realized were the leaders walked up scowling at me. 
"You! Dark servants! Begone!"  Said one angrily. 
"No,  Robin, look!" Said one in awe. "There elves!
"Nonsense! Elves left middle earth 60 years ago!" Said Robin. 
"We are elves. And we have returned to come to your aid. We understand you are under attack, we have been sent by the Valar."
"They do not lie." Said the hobbit whose face looked familiar but I knew it was just a coincidence. "Who are you?" He asked me. 
"I am Elinor. Captain of the Elven Army. Now I have given you my name, what is yours?" I said
"Faramir Took, Son Peregrin Took" Was the reply. My mouth dropped.
"Pippen!" I exclaimed.
"You knew my father?" He asked. "Then you would know Robin's father Samwise Gamgee." I gasped and smiled.
 "I can't believe we have met so soon after our arrival. Yes, I knew both of your fathers. I traveled with them for some time."
"Oi! Some captain you are! We are still being threatened here!" Said Legolas' voice. 
"SHUT UP!" I yelled. 
"Release my people except for him," I asked Faramir and Robin who were looking a little uncomfortable. They nodded for the hobbits to release them and they did in almost perfect harmony.
"You have a skilled army here," I noted. 
"We do not call yourselves an Army. We are soldiers. Fighting for what is good in this world." Said Robin stiffly.
"Right well! Are you going to help us?" Said Faramir lightly, as if trying to brighten the mood after Robins's words. 
"Yes. We came here expecting you to be in need of help." I said smiling. 
"You thought wrong then. Go somewhere they need you." Said Robin icily. 
"We would be grateful for any help you have. We have suffered many losses." Faramir told me.
"Our numbers are FINE!" Snapped Robin angrily.
"You know that's not true! You know we can't hold them forever. They are offering their lives for us and you are just going to brush them away! 
"Exactly! No more need to die!" They bickered on and on and Legolas kept making grunting noises in discomfort. I tried not to laugh and Elladen caught my eye smirking a little. 
Eventually, Faramir turned to me. 
"We suggest you come further into Hobbiton and make camp. We will discuss further plans on a full stomach." They smiled at the thought of food, they were hobbits after all. But they were changed, they were defensive, they wanted to protect their 6 meals a day and their parties and their dancing and music. They were things I wanted with Legolas and me in Valinor, oh, actually no not Legolas. Someone who shared my love for Danger and Adventure. We walked further into Hobbiton but as we rounded a corner I gasped. Everything was black with Ash. Everything was burnt. Fire so untamable huge buildings were piles of dust and swept off in the wind. 
Faramir and Robin both grimaced as if remembering what had happened. 
"Make camp where you can." He said to the elves. They were shocked as I and lamely put down their weapons and sat on the ground. 
"Balrog." Faramir shrugged. "See that pile of Ash, that where they struck first. My wife, Goldilocks Gardner, Robins sister was killed. That was when we realized that it was real. That was when tried to rebel but..... The dark one is powerful. He strikes enough to make you feel your pain, then, lets you feel hope before he would attack again." Faramir's bright face fell sad remembering what had happened.
"I'm sorry," I said.
"Don't be." Snapped Robin angrily. "You know nothing!"
"Robb! She fought with our Fathers! I bet I could find all the terrible things that have happened to her in Frodo's journal. She's probably had a really hard time!"
"Hmmm," I said biting my lip. 
"See! She's denying it! I'm going to the river." Robin snapped. 
"Inlaws," Said Faramir jokingly. 
"You have no idea," I replied seriously.  
"You'll have to excuse Robb, along with his sister he lost his family. And many of his brothers too. No one has had it harder than him and he takes it hard."
"I'm sorry," I said.
"Yeah well, you can't keep apologizing. They are scarce here and so each one is precious. Anyway, let's get to Bag End and have some Mushroom soup."
I agreed and took Elladan and Elrohir with me. 
"So," I said once we were all fed and watered. "Where did it all start?"