Eomwill And Willem

"We've had small attacks," Eomwill said over a private dinner, as I picked out a green leaf from my plate. "Orcs mostly." but we've encountered something else. 
"Dark Walkers," I said.
"Yes. We call them Night Terrors." He said nodding. "You've encountered them?"
"Yes. The shire has been decimated. Their numbers will have grown. You've seen orcs?"
"Yes. Small bands are attacking the outer villages. They take the dead with them."
"They preparing for a final fight" I realized. "My army makes up numbers. We have put you in danger."
"I'm aware of that," Eomwill said. "But elves are skilled fighters. We will accept help if you have it give."
"Thank you," I said sincerely. "Tell me, how fares Gondor?" I asked. A shadow grew on Eomwill's face.
"We have heard very little other than the king making poor defenses more Minas Tirith." He was interrupted when a young man walked into the room.
"Elinor, this is my son, Willem."
"A pleasure to meet you," I said sincerely bowing. 
"And you." He said before taking a seat at the table showing me no interest. He turned to his father.
"The northern border attacked. 6 good men have died. We have drawn then off but they will return." Eomwill rubbed his eyes tierdly. 
"Elinor has offered aid." He said.
For the first time since he walked in Willem looked at me with interest. 
"You fight?" He asked.
"Yes," I replied
"How good are you?"
"Excuse me?" 
"What's your weapon of choice?" 
"Sword."
"Really, you seem like a bow sort of person."
"I just said I preferred a sword," I said irritated. I looked at Eomwill but he gave me a blank expression.
"Shall we duel?" Willem asked.
"I'd rather not," I said stiffly. 
"Why is that?" He pryed.
"I don't waste my time proving that I am better than foolish boys with swords."  For the first time, he smiled.
"Maybe not but that isn't a reason." Finally, something snapped.
"Fine!" I shot up and drew my sword from its holster.
He got up and did the same. I glanced at Eomwill. He looked with interest. Willem stood and faced me.
He made the first move and which I blocked. He made another which I blocked again. I watched his feet. His right foot always took a step forward he was made a move. This time I took a swipe. His left foot came out to block. I smiled and waited for him to make another move. I blocked and then attacked quickly. He had good balance until I waved my sword around his legs. Finally, he tripped on his own feet dropping his sword in the process. I picked up his sword and smiled down at him. 
"Have I proved a point?" I asked him
"Yes." He grumbled getting up. I handed him his sword at sat down to where Eomwill was clapping enthusiastically. 
"A good fight. Few can beat Willem." 
"Should I have my men train yours?" I asked mockingly but the king smiled happily. 
"Do you mean it?" He enquired.
"If it's what you want. My people are not quite as skilled as I am but still,"
"I want you training those people by dawn tomorrow," Willem ordered. 
"You do not give me orders," I replied. "You may be captain. But I am too." Willem went red and walked off.
"Don't resent the lad," Eomwill said softly. "He wants the best for his people."
"So do I." I replied. 

That night I slept restlessly. I gave up on trying to rest shortly before dawn and woke Gildor and Poldo. I figured I might as well start training the Rohan soldiers. 
"Couldn't have started any earlier," Poldo grumbled as we walked out of the Golden Hall.
"Be grateful we got to sleep in beds," Gildor said loyally. I smirked thinking of how angry Legolas and Freda would have been. I aroused the camp and walked over to where Willem was doing the same to his men.
"I am offering training from sunrise to sundown if you would take it," I said to him
"Thank you." He said. "M'lady." He added. I suppressed a smile, clearly, last night had not been forgotten.
"Elinor. Call me Elinor."
"Very well Elinor, daughter of..."
"Sauron," I said stiffly. He laughed in disbelief. "Really?"
"Yes."
"That explains why you're so sour."
"I'm not sour." I snarled. "Not for that reason."
"If you insist." He said.

The training commenced. The Rohhirm army was smaller than mine so every soldier had someone to spar with and elves who were leftover I put to work on helping in the armory. Eomwill walked outside with a broad smile. 
"Thank you. Thank you." He said almost tearing up.
"You understand the risk of what's coming," I said. "That is more than I can say for others I have met."
"Keep the horses." He said. "You have already paid us." 
"You need horses? Don't you." 
"I've sent out men to get some." He said assuredly. Someone called him and he turned to leave.
"Thank you again Elinor." He muttered. I scanned the ground for Legolas. I wanted him to be something wrong so I could be angry at him. Rather satisfying. I couldn't see him. Or Freda for that matter. I walked throughout the camp until I found them behind the tents deep in a passionate kiss. When they saw me they broke apart clumsily looking down.
"You dissoybed direct orders," I said.
"My apologies my lady," Freda said timidly.
"Speak when you are spoken to," I said to her.
"Legolas, what made you decide to disobey my orders." I was disappointed when he didn't look guilty. Instead, he looked me dead in the eye and said.
"The desire to be with Freda." He said sincerely. Freda blushed and smiled at her feet.
"Freda. Same question." I said
"Same answer My Lady." She said.
"You disgust me," I said.
"Clearly." Said Legolas. "All the more reason too." I scowled at him. How had I been around this ass for so long and never noticed how terrible he was.
"Freda. A word with me please." She walked over to me and Legolas went to follow. 
"In private." I snapped at him. Freda gave him a pleading look and he stepped back. "Go to your post," I told him. "Freda, shall we walk.'