Council Of War

I'm on a publishing streak! Please comment to point out any mistakes cos I'm on my phone and they can be a bit difficult to find.

Khamul was had been chained to a tree and and four guards around him the whole time. Whoever had issued that order clearly new what a threat he was. I went over to Elrohirs tent where I found him sitting on ground sitting in shock. His body was still and his breathing was steady. I felt intrusive watching him but I wanted to tell him what happened. When he opened my eyes he grimaced at me, maybe it was attempt smile or maybe he hated me for what had happened to our brother.
"Can I tell you what happened." I asked. He nodded.
I told him what had taken place in the Shire, then what happened to Elladen, and holing myself away that night as attempt to hide. Then being caught by Khamul. I wanted to know what had given them the knowledge to my whereabouts, but Elrohir didn't say much. He sat there, his eyes glassy and still. Finally when the silence broke his voice was strained and tired.
"Thank you Elinor" I choose to leave but before I did, I said,
"I'm going go interrogate the Witch King, would you come with me?" He didn't say anything, but he sat up and walked towards me, getting his sword out it's holster. We trudged over in silence to the tree. When Khamul saw me he smiled and cracked his neck.
"Come to set me free I see." He said mockingly.
"You know the answer to that," I replied tonelessly.
"Where are the dark walkers?" I pressed.
"Let me go and I will tell you." He said.
"Never," I repeated.
"Are the other nine still alive." I continued.
"Ebony, we have a deal. Let me go and I will tell you all."
"We have no proof that is true," Elrohir spoke for the first time. "You killed my brother. When I can, I will kill you." He snarled.
"Elladen. Yes. Your brother. And your dear sister, Arwen; you think she died of a broken heart?"
My breath hitched.
"She had a son who she loved and a kingdom who adored her. But when the darkness crept her into their heart she was drawn to the night closing in around her. Me, your father, Melkor, their powerful forces were too much for a solitary elf like her. She never truly died.
My boot suddenly made contact with his jaw. Khamul didn't blink.
"You can chain me but you can't hurt me." He said, "Besides, I have a kill list as much as you do. Set me free and I might spare your friends lives." I swallowed.
"Ride to Rohan, Kill the descendants of Eorligas." He said wistfully.
"They're already dead."
"But their children aren't. And their children, and their children. I think I will tie them up and burn them alive in front of their people.
"And that is why you will never be set free." I said coldly.
"I suppose not." He said with a chuckle.

Later in the day, I had a council of war. Elrohir, Legolas and two others, Poldo and Freda. Both of them had served under Legolas and Elrond and wanted some say in their defense of their people. I laid a map of Middle Earth and traced my finger to Gondor.
"Our mission was to protect the king." I told them. "But to get to Gondor we have to travel all this way. I pointed to our location. "It is only a matter of time before we get ambushed, so our insentive needs to be, "Never staying too long in one place."
"We need horses." Freda said. "Yesterday it took us 6 hours to get a half an hours headstart."
"I know. But we have a large army, where can we find all these horses?" I replied. There was a silence.
"Look, we have a 26 day walk through the wilderness to get Rivendell. We'll pass through farms, and villages, when we have enough horses for 6 they'll ride out and get more. The rest of us will make for Rivendell." I said looking at the others hoping they would agree.
"We should enter through the secret passage through the cave." Poldo said "It will draw less attention to our arrival."
"Not a whole army." Elrohir said dignified. The passage is two narrow, one at a time. We will be out in open for to long."
"So we split." I suggested. "Half through the passage, half through the river."
"It makes sense and is more tactful in case one of the groups is ambushed." Elrohir agreed.
"One of us should go with the riders." Legolas said speaking for the first time. "I would like to." I didn't deny feeling the urge to stop him but I kept quiet.
"I will go also." Volunteered Freda. I nodded.
"Elrohir, would you take your half through the cave. I don't know it's exact location." He nodded and gave a weak smile.
"I will go with you my lady." Poldo smiled warmly.
"No, Elinor should go on her own. She would be safer anyway as she could the wield the river." Legolas interjected.
"Very well, he speaks a point." I agreed.
"One last note, what about the other?" Freda asked. Elrohir swore.
"He can't cross the river." He said.
"What about the cave?" I asked
"The same." He said.
"So we leave him on the outside. Guard him day and night." Poldo suggested.
"No, we all know that won't work. The evil we have seen here does not rest. There will less blood shed to let him go." I said hating my words. I expected them to kick a fuss but they did not but agree grimly. "Well, agreed. If we let him go a day before Rivendell we should have enough time to get to safety." Freda said with a sigh. "If it is safe." She added grimly.