Before The Battle

Just keeping you in suspense now..... 

Two riders to Haradrim. One, to the east to find the Easterlings (Eldarion was yet to know.) 8000 men, against the forces of Morgoth. I guessed the shadow would come here tomorrow at dawn. The city began to sleep. Dreams plagued their sleep. Death. Shadow. And the fall of Middle Earth. I did not sleep. I wandered through the streets deep in thought but I could not seem to remember what I was thinking about. I took in the smell of the markets, the feel of the stone walls, the sound of the night air ringing in my ears and looked upon the pellenor fields. Another battle. But I was alone. I wanted to hug my mother, my grandmother, talk with Gildor and Poldo, and even Freda. Most of all I wanted to be with Legolas. I wished we had never left Arda. I found myself standing in front of his statue in the courtyard. Underneath in tiny letters were the words: The guardian of the forests, loyal lover of Elinor of Mordor. A wave of tears flooded my face. Tears I hadn't cried for a long time. Tears of sorrow from so long ago I could barely remember them. I had cried for Legolas, but I hadn't cried for how much I missed him. The last time I saw him I questioned myself for being around him for so long thinking that his rudeness was really him. I hugged the statue and tried to imagine the stone cold feeling was warmth. I forgave him. But I couldn't bring myself to forgive myself. How could I let such a perfect person slip away until death. I remembered how much he hated me at the Council of Elrond. How he began to trust me and accept me as a friend in the forests of Lorien. How he kissed me at Helms Deep, how he had said goodbye at Rohan. He had hugged me and comforted me after I killed the Witch King, declaring my true allegiance to the world. He shared my tears of sorrow when I departed at the walls of Minas Tirith to go into the west. And when he sailed up to the beach at Valinor, Gimli cheering and clapping as I flung my self into his arms. All those memories were painful and it brought on a new wave of tears making my eyes wobble in there sockets. I had one last look at look at his face before I walked away unable to bear the misery of my life. Tomorrow, I told myself, it would end. Win or die, I would have no part in this world any longer. I took one last glance at the states in the courtyard trying not to focus on Legolas and gave the statue of me, one last glance.  I was again surprised to find small writing carved onto the stone on which I stood. Despite her past, selfless defender of the weak, lover of Legolas Green leaf. I looked up at my stone face. I seemed so perfect. A hero. A defender. But I, I was far from it. 
"Legolas's death was not your fault," Said a voice behind me.
"No, Maybe not but it was my hand that unlocked the gates and slaughtered the men," I replied to Eowyn. 
"My uncle  used to say, "What can men do against such reckless hate?" The answer is to love."
"Love who," I said flatly. 
"Love Middle Earth. Love your family. Love your people." She insisted. 
"I will try." I murmured and walked away leaving her in the courtyard. For the rest of the night I sat on the highest tower of the city and watched, ready for the upcoming slaughter.

They drew themselves through the night while everyone but me slept. Thousands of Orcs, Goblins and Urakhai. Trolls. 2 Balrogs. Dark Walkers. I licked my lips nervously. It should have been dawn but there the no light. Not even the light of the moon was able to penetrate the wall of shadow.  I realized that tonight was the night of the prophecy. The city began stirring to life and soon Arwen, Elrohir, and Eldarion were standing next to me. 
"If I die, It has been an honor knowing you," I said. There was the sound of "You too." And "Have hope." Soldiers pulled to their ranks starring nervously into the abyss of the enemies. I noticed there were fewer dark walkers then there should of been. Most of them were hobbits, perhaps the elves and the Rohhirim were guarding Mordor in case of a sneak attack. It wasn't unthought-of to me but I could think of was destroying Melkor once and for all. Suddenly the ground began to shake as the dark sky was lit up my a comet of red and gold. The comet landed on the ruins of Osgiliath sending debris into the air. Melkor sat there on his thrown of ruins and looked me dead in the eye. I said a quick prayer to the Valar as my father came to sit beside him. Silence hung in the air before Sauron yelled out in black speech,
"ATTACK THE CITY. REST NOT UNTIL IT IS TAKEN!" A cheer erupted from the dark forces and so, the great battle of the fourth age began.

Here we go! Stay tuned my lovelies. x