3

George

Im up a lot earlier then i'd usually be. It's not intentional, I don't mean to be, I just am.

The room was just growing light when my eyes opened for the first time, and I could already tell I wasn't gonna be able to fall back asleep.

After sitting up from bed and cracking the curtains slightly, I sit for a second.

I don't think, or move.

I just sit.

I just sit and stare at the grazed grey clouds, and the small shimmer of light starting to climb its way out from behind them. And for the first time in a long time, I feel alright.

Not that I wasn't alright before, I just feel sort of, at peace. Comforted. Comfortable. Like i'm where im meant to be. Then after a little while, it begins to rain. Immediately drenching my mood.

I dont like the rain. I never have. It'll always mess up any good mood im in.

After the rain starts to leave small little droplets of water on the window, I decide on going to get ready. For class, that is. It's Monday.

Did I mention we've got to wear uniforms? Like, the full thing too. Work shirts, black trousers and jumpers along with ties. It seems awfully uncomfortable to sit in through hour long classes. Not long after I'm dressed, Quackity begins to stir.

"What time is it?" he groans from bed as I'm running my fingers through my hair, trying to flatten it.

"Um-" I peer out of the bedroom and up at the clock on the wall. "Seven fifty" I call back. I hear another long groan of disgust, shortly followed by the creak of the floorboards as he climbs from his bed.

"I'm gonna be late" he complains as he appears next to me in the bathroom, "can you tell whoever we have first class that I'll be there?"

"Sure" I comply, "do you want me to grab you food on the way or anything?"

"Thats sweet of you" he laughs, "I dont really eat in the morning, I'll eat at lunch. Thank you, though." I nod at him, making a mental note of that in my head.

"You should probably get going though" he tells me, "I don't wanna make you late"

"You aren't, don't worry" I shrug.

"All of our morning classes are in the building next to reception, you probably saw it driving in" he informs me lightly, now ditching the bathroom to go get what im guessing is his clothes.

I follow him, grabbing my bag I'd packed last night. "The one you pointed out to me on the map?" I ask.

"Yeah, that one" he agrees from his wardrobe. "Will you be okay finding it?"

I shrug again. "Who knows? If I'm not then you'll probably find me in some random hallway on the wrong side of the building." I sling my bag over the side of my shoulder, now standing in the doorway.

"I'll come find you if you do manage to get lost, dont stress" he laughs, pulling things from the wardrobe and dropping them on the bed.

"That calms me down" I smile back, "don't take too long."

"I won't " he shouts back, the sound of our bathroom and dormitory door both colliding with eachother as he goes to get changed and I head off for our first class. The upstairs hallway is busier now, filled with some faces I think I recognize from yesterday, some I'm sure ive never seen.

Boys linger in doorways to dormitories and some are just standing in the hallway, looking like they're waiting for people. I push past them though, walking swiftly down the stairs I hadnt been able to find yesterday.