37

- Dream

The last few days spent on the school grounds are always spent packing up things, cleaning the grounds, just doing things to help out. We also have our graduation, and our awards ceremony.

When the bell rings to signal our final class being finished, I can hardly believe it. That's high school over, just like that. I can't really tell whether I'm happy it's done, or a little sad that it's over.

Tonight, there's a planned party up in our dorms, since we're the graduating year. Tomorrow is the awards ceremony and the next day is graduation. George leaves the day after graduation. It's all that I can think about.

I spend my afternoon packing up smaller things, my books, clothes I won't be wearing over the next three days, stuff like that. The windows in the dorm are open, the sun streaming through with the breeze causing the curtains to float every minute or so.

George feeds me small fruit jellies as I wander around the room, thinking of other things to pack. He also places cigarettes between my lips, despite me not asking for them. He just, gets me.

"You don't even need to pack" George whines, stretching out on my bed. "You live about half an hour up the road, just throw it all in the car and bang! You're done."

"You need to pack" I smile at George, sliding more books into a bag. "Don't go worrying about what I'm doing, do you want help?"

He raises an eyebrow up at me. "Did you just- offer to pack my things?" he asks incredulously. "Who the hell are you and what have you done with Dream?"

I laugh, leaving my bag on the desk, before sidling up to him on the bed. He twists to face me. He's such a sucker for attention. Or maybe I'm a sucker for giving him attention. "Maybe I'm just feeling nice" I try to reason, staring him right in the eye.

He grins, and moves my hair so that he can kiss me. I kiss him back, a smile on my face. It's a quick kiss, a sweet one, my favorite type of kiss from him. He smiles afterwards, and then sits up from the bed.

"Well, we'd better get to work, then" he tells me, pulling on his shoes. "Especially if we want to get anything done before the party tonight."

"Get to work on what?" I ask blindly, staring at the clean, sharp nape curve of his neck. Has it always looked like that? His neck? I could've sworn it was his jaw that had more structure, has it always been his nec-?

"Packing my things!" he answers, turning around to look at me. "You think I'm not gonna seize this opportunity whilst it's here?"

I roll my eyes, trying to forget about his neck. "You're dumb" I tell him, as I climb from the bed. I don't bother putting on my shoes, we're just going down the hall.

He slaps me on the arm once he catches up after tying his laces, which I can only assume is for the 'you're dumb' comment. I hit him back, and he hits me again, which turns into me chasing him down the hall, the two of us dodging around people onlooking curiously.

***

- music
going to be wonderful, tom rosenthal

George and Sapnap end up drunk, Quackity turns out tipsy, and me? Stone cold sober, as usual. Whats new? Though, I don't mind. In fact, as long as it makes him happy, I couldn't care less what he does with our remaining time together.

We end up down in the fields. I can't really remember how we got here, something about Sapnap making a run for it and George trailing along, so of course Quackity had to go, and then where does that leave me?