21

George

"You're gonna love it, George!" Sapnap smiles, slipping in beside me and Q on the couch.

"You will" Quackity agrees, "you'll be amazing."

I smile at the two of them, wishing Dream would say something, wishing he would say hes happy for me too.

Quackity and Sapnap start to talk. I turn to the side a little, trying to catch a glimpse at him, but hes already staring at me.

He smiles. He smiles at me.

I smile back, feeling some sort of satisfaction, some sort of recognition.

He turns back to his notebook, and continues writing, his face content.

***

I lay soundly in bed, the rain and wind somehow more comforting then the silent warmth in Rome.

I'm begging to appreciate the rain.

Not enough to go out in it, or anything like that, but its nice to sit back and listen to, especially whilst trying to sleep.

Quackitys snoring, per usual. Its not loud, or anything, and I've gotten used to ignoring it.

Though I still cant sleep, yet I'm not sure why.

Maybe its just one of those nights.

I pat down the sweats I have on, but they're empty.

Meaning I sit up out of bed, and pull up my discarded jeans from the floor beside me. I find my cigarettes, and my shitty lighter.

Dream still has my good one.

I'm about to just light a cigarette here, completely forgetting Q whos sleeping soundly beside me.

That'd be pretty inconsiderate, wouldn't it? And what if theres smoke alarms in here?

I groan quietly to myself as I climb out of bed, digging around in the dark for my shoes.

My laces are done up, so I just tug them on, not bothered to go through the entire process of having to un-tie them just to tie them again.

Once I find my jacket, hoodie, and a beanie I never thought I'd actually wear, I'm gone.

I'm sure to shut the door quietly, and to tiptoe down the hall and stairs, being mindful of any boys sleeping in the dorms around me.

There's something nice about the night time, if you know what I mean.

Maybe its the whole 'being awake when nobody else is' thing, or maybe its just the quiet. I don't know.

The building is dead silent though, and so is the night outside, if you aren't counting the wind. I don't count the wind anymore, since I've just gotten used to it.

I stand just outside the dorms building doors in the courtyard as I light my cigarette, but I quickly wander, getting bored easily.

I climb the wood attached to the stone wall that has some plants growing on it, throwing myself over, all with a cig in between my fingers.

Then I start to walk, no destination really in mind. I just know if I go back inside now, theres no chance I'll sleep.

I miss him.

I can't even look at him without my gut physically twisting, knowing how much hurt I've done him now.

Couldn't I just keep away? Why did I have to go near him at all?