35 - Boston

Dream

"Just pack tomorrow morning" Sapnap laughs, stretching out in bed, his foot kicking at Quackity. "We all know you'll be up early enough to pack, in fact, you could pack for all of us. Actually, do you think you-"

"I'm not packing for you" I snap. "Not again, do it yourself this time, I have so much stuff left to do."

"I don't know how," Quackity inputs, "you've been planning all week. I think you're more prepared then any of the teachers."

It's the nineteenth of April, the evening before we leave for our yearly school trip to Boston. Every year, sometime in late April, the school arranges a trip to the capital city of Massachusetts, Boston.

Its a four day long trip, Monday through to coming home early Friday morning. It's a trip that Sapnap never packs in time for. To be fair, though, when does Sapnap pack in time for anything?

"Pack his stuff for him," George inputs, grinning a little as he smokes his cigarette over by the window. "Come on, you know he's useless at packing, do him the favor-"

"Don't encourage him" I whine, trying to pick which books to bring with me. "Why don't you do it?"

"I'm- tired" George blurts, trying to blow his smoke out the window but failing miserably as the smoke floats through the room. He's been at the window for about an hour, and the room has become very, very foggy. "And I still have a little packing to do mysel-"

"You told me you finished!" I shoot, turning from my bag to stare accusingly at George.

"That's what he said" Sapnap giggles quietly.

"I literally am," George groans, "all I have to do is shove in a couple of shirts and stuff and that's it, honestly."

"I'm all finished, Dream" Quackity smiles. "Are you proud of me?"

"Suck up" Sapnap shoots, throwing a cushion over at Quackity.

"I don't want any of you to come crying or whining to me when you realize you're missing something, or haven't packed enough for the three days" I sigh, turning back to my bag. "Seriously, how old are all of you, again?"

Sapnap rolls his eyes, and climbs from his bed to go and take a cigarette from George. Just as the cigarette is lit, theres a loud knock at the door.

Sapnap jumps, and tosses his cigarette out the window, whilst Georges accidentally drops his entire pack out the window. "Fuck!" he whispers, panickedly looking around at the smokey room. "Shit, fuck, shit-"

I grab for the first cologne bottle I see, spraying around the door, hoping whatever teacher it is won't come inside. Quackity starts waving a pillow around the room, trying to get rid of the clouds.

There's another knock just as George shoves his lighter under my wardrobe. Then, George sits on the edge of my desk, Sapnap perches on the windowsill and Quackity resumes to relaxing in bed. I open the door.

Its Mr. Doherty, his stare pleasant, and unknowing. "Evening, boys," he smiles, holding a clear plastic bag at his waist. "I'm just doing rounds to collect permission slips for tomorrow."

"Oh, yeah, sir, of course" I cough, the overwhelming smell of cologne making me feel like I need to sneeze all of a sudden. "Hold on, I'll grab them for you."

I leave the door cracked a little, but not too much as I collect up the other slips of paper I'd taken from the other boys two days ago, afraid they would lose them. My dad signed Georges.

"Here," I smile, holding out the four pieces of paper, pushing the door open so he can see the other boys.

He takes them, smiling happily at me. "Are we all excited for tomorrow, boys?" he asks, peering slightly into the dorm.