36 - Boston

- George

We are on the third day of our trip, and we've just finished a tour of The Museum of Fine Arts. Dream has been talking for the past two hours, telling me everything before the tour guide up the front with the rest of the students was able. We made it into a game.

Well, I made it into a game, egging him on to get all the information out as we lacked behind the group, beaming when he was able. He kept laughing, telling me I'm such a child, but I could tell he was having fun.

Once we're finished, the teachers tell us we're free to wander town again for the day, repeating the same rules we were told upon arrival and telling us where we'll be getting dinner tonight.

Like a lot of the other students, it seems, we end up in one big park, lounging, relaxing and just enjoying the sun. It's even warmer then it was a few days ago.

"But I was shocked that they had 'The Daughters of Edward Darley Boit' because I could've sworn it was never there before" Dream rambles, his hands pulling his hair back into a small ponytail.

Dreams sat up on the grass, snacking on a green packet of some sort of crackers Sapnap bought. I'm laid against his left knee, eyes closed due to the shockingly bright sun.

Quackity is laid against Dreams other knee, whereas Karl and Sapnap are relaxed a few feet away from us. The last I saw, they were chatting and laughing away with each other.

"Maybe I'm thinking of a different painting" Dream says, to nobody in particular. "I'll have to ask dad when we get back." A few beats of silence come. "Are you asleep?" he asks, poking me on the shoulder.

I shake my head, and then mumble a quiet 'no' that is probably just loud enough for him to hear. "Are you bored?" he then asks, a hand lifting to run through my hair.

"No, I'm comfortable" I answer, smiling a little. I am, I really am. Then I open my eyes, lifting a hand to shield them from the sun before I reach out to take one of the mini crackers. Salty.

"Is Quackity asleep?" I mutter, between mouthfuls of another three mini crackers. They're nice. I push another to his lips as he reaches out to lift Quackitys cap a little, just enough to see if he's dozed off.

"Fast asleep" he nods, then opening his mouth for the cracker to be placed on his tongue. "I don't think Sapnap will be too happy if we eat all of these" he notes, but he then takes one and feeds it to me.

I shrug a little. "I'll buy him more" I answer, turning then, so I'm laid facing Dreams torso. I can study him better like this, I can watch him, I can watch him all I like.

I can follow his mannerisms and I can smile and laugh at little things that only he says, I can try my best to imprint the image of him into my head before it's too late and I'm gone.

***

Dinner is at a nice, respectable restaurant in downtown Boston. The place is busy, but the food is good. It's not fancy or posh or anything like that, which makes it all the more enjoyable if you ask me.

We're brought back to our hotel afterwards by the teachers. I'm a little tired, but it's still early, only about seven or eight, so Sapnap, Karl and Quackity all come back to our room for a while.

I settle on the floor by the balcony door, smoking. Dream leans on my shoulders, a cigarette also between his lips. Karl and Quackity have taken to a game of chess, using Dreams set which I think he brought. Sapnap watches them, amused.

I'm watching too. It's clear that Quackity is going to win, but I'm kind of rooting for Karl, you can see he's really trying. I stub out my cigarette on the balcony floor, lighting up another.