25

Dream

The last few days before the New Year glaze by, like a fog, or mist, that was never actually there.

The two days were filled with lazy afternoons, evening naps, warm showers and no real dinners before bed, just snacks. They were those types of days. Cosy.

Rain has decided to pick up again, and has been at it for the past hazy forty eight hours. The grounds are nearly flooding from the amount of downpour we've gotten.

Its still raining now, too. Its New years day. Its the first day of an entire years worth to come. The first day of 1985.

I say day, but I've woke up late. Two in the afternoon is what the clock reads. Six minutes past if we want to be precise.

Honestly, I debate just pulling the covers right back up over my head and dozing off all over again, but then I decide against it. Its already pretty late.

We had a late night last night too, actually. Very late. Sap had insisted upon staying up 'till twelve, and then once the night went on, it was hard to get him to even consider sleep.

It was a fun night though, I'm not complaining like I usually would. It was just the four of us. Sap, Q, George and I.

Though I'm beginning to regret caving in on Sapnaps persuasions about what was needed to drink to actually have a 'fun night.'

My head burns. It doesn't ache, or pain, it burns, like its on fire. I reach out to yank open my bedside tables locker and dig around for my usual pills, but due to my dismay, theres nothing there.

I could cry, I could sink right down back into bed and die. Though I don't.

I stand, quickly realizing I only have a large hoodie on, one that drops down to halfway past my thighs, and thats all. But I find it hard to care.

I couldn't even care less as I step out into the hallway and begin to wander down the hall towards George and Q's dorm with nothing on my lower half but underwear. Luckily there's nobody around to see, though.

For once in my life, I don't concern myself with knocking. I pull the door open.

George is still asleep. Quackitys awake, but scarcely. His eyes seem to open a little more when he hears the dorm door, though. He turns to study me.

"What a look" he mumbles out eventually, looking me up and down. "Have Vogue called yet?"

"Not yet" I answer, a small grin building on my face.

"Only a matter of time now" he responds with a yawn, pulling the covers back up over his head.

I stride over to Georges bed, pulling back his covers to find space for myself beside him. Its never hard. He sleeps so neatly, he never takes up too much room, or sprawls himself out.

Instead he always curls up, keeping his body close to itself. Its adorable.

He doesn't wake when I place my head against his bare stomach, pulling my own knees in tight to myself once I pull the covers back up over him, completely covering myself with the blankets.

I lay comfortably for a few minutes, and George doesn't wake. Their dorm room always seems to be warmer then mine and Saps, and right now its making me drowsy.

Even Georges skin is warm. He's in his favorite pair of plaid pyjama bottoms, but shirtless, again.

I wonder whats with him and sleeping shirtless. Even in the dead of Winter.