23

George

We have to walk to town. Walk. If I'd of known that I'd never of agreed to go in the first place.

It takes us an entire thirty minutes. Thirty minutes walking! I think I might of drove poor Dream insane with complaints, but if I did, he never let on.

Considering its pretty cold out today, I'm glad I at least thought to bring a jacket. The wind is snappy, and the dark clouds overhead made me feel sure it was going to rain at some point during our walk, but somehow it held off.

We do as I'd said, wandering around until someone remembered something that caught their interest.

Quackity and Sapnap get lead off pretty quickly once they remember needing new 'cleats' among other things.

Dream and I are left walking up along the mainstreet, nowhere special in mind in terms of where to go. I have my black beanie on again.

I never actually thought I'd wear it, and frankly I thought it was ridiculous when mum insisted I'd pack it, but now I'm glad she did. Its cold enough that I'd wear anything offered to me.

"Do you have anywhere you want to go?" Dream asks me, breaking what I hadn't noticed, but must of been a long silence.

A car whips down the road, leaving a long sound trail behind it. "No, no I haven't" I answer.

"Would you mind if I dragged you off to a bookstore?" he asks, suddenly looking shy, like he doesn't want to be a burden. "I'll only be a minute, I promise."

I smile over at his pink cheeks.

"Lead the way" I say.

He does. Its not that far a walk, which I'm grateful for, since I can really begin to feel my feet going numb at this rate.

I wonder how long it would take for Dream to find the nearest bookstore if you placed him in a totally unknown area, or a desert, or in the middle of the woods.

Not long, at all.

Its nice to slip in out of the cold for a minute. Once we're inside, I can feel a little of the heat rushing back into my face.

Dream wastes no time grabbing what he needs. He seems to know his way around, and by the way he chats regularily for a minute with the cashier tells me he for sure stops by here a lot.

He finds me again once he's finished. I never go far. I wait for him by a long row of books.

"Do you mind if we make one more stop?" he asks suddenly, before I can ask him anything about what he bought. "Then we can go get food."

I grin. "Depends, how much walking am I going to have to do?"

He rolls his eyes pointedly, turning and walking from the store with one final wave to the cashier. I smile over at her before following him out the door.

"Does that mean a lot of walking?" I shout after him, wondering how and why he walks so godamn fast.

He pauses a few yards in front of me, waiting for me to catch up. Once I do, he looks up and down the street, then grabbing my hand.

"You are such a whine" he laughs, walking me alongside him. "Are you really that cold? Or is it all an act?"

I scoff pretentiously, acting offended. "I'm freezing" I say, telling him the truth.

His hand leaves mine, his arm now wrapping around my shoulders instead to curl me in that little bit closer to him.

"When we're back home I'll get you a hot chocolate, if you want, or coffee" he offers.