8

Dream

All throughout Sunday it drizzles, but theres little glimpses of sun that peek throughout the clouds every so often.

Sapnap and I take this as a chance to wander out to our small part of the woods that George and I had been to the other night.

Just before we set off I got my bandages taken off by the nurse, my nose seeming to have gone back to normal. She told me it might bleed a little from time to time, but i'll just have to live with it. And thats what I plan on doing.

Anywho, the forest, with Sapnap.

The only time we get a little wet is from the trek across the fields that are muddy from yesterdays downpour. Apart from that, the tall leafy trees keep us dry.

Id dragged Sapnap back to library before we left to grab my books Id left behind yesterday.

Every since the British boy has arrived, Ive been lacking on my reading. And my assignments, and honestly just my work in general.

As we walk, Sapnap is telling me all about Georges potential in football.

"He just needs to trust in himself, thats all. Hes holding back." His fists are tightened, and he looks quite pumped up. "He could be great though, and I mean great, did you see his last kick?"

I nod when Sapnap looks back at me. "Mhm, it was good."

Sapnap smiles at turns back to watching where he steps. "It was more than good, it was amazing. Do you think he'll tryout?"

I shrug. "I don't know, personally, I don't think he seems like the football type."

Sapnap slows to my pace after these few words, clearly intrigued. I can already feel the delve of curious questions incoming.

"What type of person do you think he is?" he asks me, picking a leaf off a tree every few seconds only to drop it.

"Thats a big question."

"I know you have the answer" Sapnap smiles.

"You put too much faith in me." I shake my head. "I'll know the answer in time, when i've got to know him." I sound much too angry, so I throw him a small smile back.

"And when will that be?" he continues to pester, returning to his faster walk in front of me.

Another good question, hes on a roll today. But again, I don't know the answer, and it makes me mad at myself for not knowing the answer.

Whats stopping me from just speaking to him?

"It'll be when it'll be" I answer, just because I don't even know what to say.

"Thats hardly an answer, you should just talk to him" Sapnap shrugs from in front of me. "Hes a nice guy, a lot nicer than some of the people around here"

"And I don't doubt your judgement" I acknowledge slowly.

"Then whats stopping you from talking to him? I want your judgement."

"No, what you want is my acceptance of him" I laugh, gaining myself a small thwack on the head from Sapnap.

I grip the books tighter in my hand, and let my pace grow even slower. I like to let Sapnap walk ahead, it lets me stride at whatever pace id like without gaining snappy remarks from him to move faster.

"So what if I do?" Sapnap mumbles after a minute or two of easy silence.

Hes now kicking a rock sulkily along the muddy ground. "You've never been wrong about a person, is it that bad that I want some clarification?"