22

Dream

Even though I only pass out at around four, I still wake up at nine thirty knowing theres no way in hell I'm going to fall back asleep now.

I practically fall out of bed, my foot getting caught in the blankets. The fall still doesn't wake Sapnap up, though.

I take old sweats from my wardrobe, slipping on some old blue shirt and one of the few hoodies I own.

I even think some in my closet are Sapnaps. I make a mental note to ask him if he's been looking for any of them.

Then I actually flit around to Sapnaps side of the bed, kneeling down beside his bed frame so I can nudge him slightly until he half-wakens.

"Quackity?" he mumbles confusedly, his eyes half shut.

"Dream" I correct, poking him again.

He maneuvers in the bed a little, pulling the covers tighter around himself, yawning.

"What time is it?" he mumbles, eyes closed again.

"Early" I tell him, "but I'm going running, do you want to come with?"

He stays so still and silent that I reckon he's gone back asleep until he groans, stretching in bed, his arms pulling over the back of his head.

"Why now? Can we not go later?" he mumbles, eyes open now.

"You can go later" I shrug, "but I'm going now."

Another long minute of silence, cue another long groan.

He kicks back the covers, sitting up with another yawn. I smile at him.

"Could you grab me shorts and a shirt?" he says tiredly, his voice heavy.

I do as he asks, picking out ones I know he likes. He smiles appreciatively.

"You should go wipe under your nose" Sapnap says suddenly, slipping off his pajama bottoms.

"Why?" I ask, making my bed.

"Its all red" he shrugs, now tugging on a pair of socks.

I press a hand up to my lips, expecting something to appear on my hands, though nothing does.

My feet carry me to the bathroom. I lean in closer to the mirror, my hand rubbing against the skin above my top lip again.

Its blood, Georges nose blood, to be exact.

I shake my head, not wanting to think about all of that right now. I will, later.

I run a small square of toilet paper under the tap, wiping away at the red. It comes off easily, taking me all of two seconds to get rid of.

Sapnaps ready by the time I appear back in the bedroom, but he's jumping by me to brush his teeth. I've already done that, so I stand waiting for him.

He spits the toothpaste. "What route do you want to go?" he asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "I'm not all that bothered, what do you fancy?"

"I'm not all that bothered" he mumbles, swishing water around his mouth. He spits. "I want coffee first though, can we get coffee?"

"Course" I shrug.

We skip to the lunch rooms before our run, so Sapnap can have his coffee. I take water instead.

The two of us mutually decide on running around the left side of the woods, toward our little place in the woods. We hop the wall, and pace ourselves before we start running properly.