31

- Dream

We get back from England, and we don't speak about anything that happened there for a month. A whole month. It's March.

Sapnap makes football captain, Quackity and George both make the team. I go to their first match, which they win, by a lot.

Spring hits like it never has before. Flowers start to peek throughout the mowed grass. The days start to drag a little longer. The skies seem to be a little more blue. The sun gleams through the freshly mopped corridors.

Classes are going amazingly, and I've applied for multiple colleges under scholarship circumstances. I'll be grateful for anything, but I can't help but picture myself at Yale, or Columbia.

To sum it up, things couldn't be better.

Life seems a little too good to be true.

***

I flex my fingers, sitting back in my chair. The pen I'd been holding rolls to the middle of the textbook I'm sat before.

"You're gonna pass" Sapnap grumbles from under the covers. "Now please, turn off the lamp and go to bed."

"You don't know that" I answer, stifling a yawn. I pick back up the pen.

"Dream if you don't pass this, then none of us will" Quackity grins, sliding his queen to knock over one of Georges knights. "You've studied more this week then all of us put together."

"You're such a dick" George sighs, rolling over onto his back when Quackity picks up the knight to flaunt in Georges face.

It's a sleepover night. It had been a study night, but now its one in the morning, and the others have retired to bed. Well, Sapnap to bed, George and Quackity to sleeping bags on top of pillows on the floor.

We have a history exam tomorrow. It's not an important one, or anything, but I still really want to do well. Why shouldn't I?

Mine and Sapnaps dorm room is strewn with copybooks, textbooks, small revision sheets and all sorts of other things. Quackity is loudly chewing on a bag of chips that occasionally, George tries to snag.

"Someone test me on the Easter Rising" I snap, turning around to face George and Quackity. I extend my hand holding the small quiz I've made up for myself.

Just when George lets out a painful sigh, and reaches to take my quiz, theres a quiet knock at the dorm door.

Quackity, George and I all exchange looks, all clueless. I push my quiz sheet into Georges hand and shuffle over to the door quietly in my socks, dodging around the piles of books in the dark room.

I pull it open an inch. A bright, small smile greets me, looking slightly surprised. Karl.

"Hi" I smile, "you okay?" He nods, still looking a little uneasy.

"Who is it?" I hear George call lowly.

We're all thinking the same thing. If we're caught in the wrong rooms at this time of the morning, we'll be in trouble.

"I- swear- to- god!" Sapnap snaps, out of nowhere. I thought he was asleep. "I have practice at six thirty tomorrow, and I'm helping coach the undergrad team tomorrow evening and at this rate, I'm not going to get a minute of sleep! Go to bed! Damn whoever's at the door, tell them that if they don't go away, I'll throttle them!"