6

Dream

I notice two things when I get back to my dorm after a long, painfully embarrassing night with the British boy from down the hall. One, how cold the room is. I quickly discover thats because the window has been pushed open as far as it possibly can.

Second, Sapnaps awake, and hes sitting at the window. He turns and stares at me with a wide, open yet somehow grinning mouth.

"God, shut the window, its freezing in here," I shiver, closing the dorm door behind me.

"Dude!" he laughs, closing the window. He quickly pulls closed the blinds and jumps over to sit on the end of my bed.

"What?" I respond, shrugging off my jacket.

"Are you hitting on George?"

"What?!" I nearly shout, dropping my jacket. My reaction only causes him to giggle even harder. There are so many things wrong about that statement that I don't even know where to start.

"Well? Are you?" he hushes.

"What the fuck Sap, no" I rush, slipping off my shoes, "no I am not hitting on George, I don't even like George."

Maybe I like him a little more after tonight, considering I actually spoke to him nicely for the first time since we've met. And honestly? Hes not all that bad.

But nows not the time to get into that.

I shake up my hair a little and climb into bed, but Sapnap won't let down, only climbing up beside me to lay on his stomach and stare at me asking absurd questions every time I refuse to respond.

"I was going for a walk" I explain quietly, trying to meet Sapnaps eyes in the darkened room, "and he followed me."

"Thats hard to believe" Sapnap scoffs, "George has standards."

"With the way you go on, I think you want to mack on George" I laugh, and it gets the immediate reaction I wanted from Sapnap.

We both laugh at Sapnap making dumb kissy noises along with other things, before he eventually gives up and goes back to silently staring at me.

"Seriously though, are you?" he questions, "you can tell me."

I laugh again at how stupid he sounds. "No, Sapnap, I don't have a thing for George."

"Well, why not?" he asks.

I know hes tired, and his question isn't even serious, I can tell by his tone of voice, but I have a perfect answer ready.

Hes joking, he has no idea, but its not his fault. I just haven't told him yet.

"I could get with any person from here ranging all the way to Europe" I smile jokingly, sliding a hand behind my head.

See what you've got to understand, is that me, Sapnap and Quackity have this ongoing joke that im some sort of model. Well, I like to joke about it, whereas Sapnap and Quackity are serious. I don't see it, but its fun to poke at when it fits me.

I roll my eyes at him, but suddenly hes sitting up and rambling like hes serious.

"You're always going on about how you could pull anyone you want" he says quickly, shoving me on the arm, "but you're all talk and no action."

I scoff and try to jokingly push him off the bed, but he holds on, as he continues to bother me.

"Thats because nobody around here is worth my time" I start, but we've had this conversation a lot.

He always insists I should try getting a girlfriend, telling me it might loosen me up a little, and I always say no.

Again, he doesn't know.

He moves on though, clearly not wanting to go down that road tonight.

"So where did you guys go?" he peers.

Thats a question I don't mind answering. "The little part of the woods we use in the Summer"

I fully turn myself on my side now so im facing towards him and his happy little face that I cant properly see because of how dark the room is.

"Hows it looking?"

"What?" I ask, thinking I heard him wrong.

"I said 'hows it looking'" he repeats slowly.

I swallow confusedly. "Pretty much the same? Except he was in pyjamas, and he kind of had a bedhea-"

Im cut of by the sound of Sapnaps barking laughter. He buries his head into my bedcovers to muffle himself.

I don't even know whats so funny, but Sapnaps laugh will always make me laugh, especially at this time of night when everything seems dumb.

"What?" I giggle, having to flick him on the forehead to catch his attention.

Hes still laughing when he responds. "You idiot! I meant the woods, not George!"

It takes a second for me to register what hes just said, and when it clicks, I have to bury my face into my pillow to hide my embarrassment.

That sends Sapnap back into hysterics, and then I start laughing again just because hes laughing.

I wasn't thinking about George or anything, I just genuinely thought he was talking about him.

"The lack of sleep is obviously getting to you" Sapnap giggles, "you need some rest."

I uncover my face and lay back the way I had been, facing towards Sapnap. "Yeah, I think I do" I yawn.

Sapnap finally sits up, telling me hes done asking questions, for now, at least. I watch him jump back into his own bed, pulling the covers up around his shoulders.

The room is still chilly from the open window he'd been watching from, so I do the same as him and pull the covers up just that bit more.

"Night" he whispers.

"Goodnight" I smile back.

I flip myself over on my back, and find myself wondering about the things Sapnap had said. Then I start to wonder about George too. I wonder a lot of things about George.

One of the main things I wonder is if maybe I judged him a little too early. Maybe I just needed to give him time to open up a little more.

Or maybe I just had to wait for our night in the woods to realize all of this. The night, like the punch, that only him and I know about.

Well, and Sapnap, of course.