17 - Rome

Dream

"Please, Sapnap" I mutter, trailing behind him across the landing and down the stairs, "you cant just ditch me like this, you have to come aswell."

Sapnap shakes his head. "Q and I have already decided, its Christmas, we want to chill out here today."

He slips into the living room and lounges on the couch, looking smug. I curl my fingers around my fist.

Georges mom left this morning, telling me, the only one awake, that she'd be back way later on since she planned to spend the day doing some shopping in the city.

Georges dad, well, I don't know where he is. As long as he stays away I couldn't care less, either.

George and Q are in the backyard, up by the fences. Although I only spotted them there a few minutes prior when I was in Sapnaps room. I think they were playing tennis before.

All four of us, that being George, Q, Sap and I had all planned to go out today, since we didn't get to last night.

Yet Sapnap, who slept in until one in the afternoon, is insisting that he's dying of a hangover.

Quackitys on the same page as him, of course, who made sure to note to me this morning when we passed eachother in the hall, that his head were killing him.

I do believe that they don't feel good, thats obviously bound to happen considering the night prior.

But I don't believe that they feel sick enough to have to bail on our day out, no.

I know they're trying to leave me and George at whatever we want to do. Also being known as trying to 'set us up.'

My feet sling over the edge of the couch, my stare hard on Sapnap. I shake my head.

"No you don't, you don't want to 'chill out here today,' you liar" I accuse, "I appreciate what you're trying to do, I really do Sap, but I want you to come with us as-"

He knocks me on my knee, a laugh escaping his mouth. "Go and get changed, you idiot, take advantage of these precious hours I've blessed upon you" he smiles.

I glare at him.

He grins back.

Normally I'd push it, and sit on the couch and refuse to move until he would have to drag me up the stairs by my hair, but that doesn't happen.

I lift myself from the couch, and head to get changed.

"Attaboy" Sapnap winks as I slip from the room.

I throw him the middle finger, getting another laugh out of him.

Maybe the reason I don't cause a scene is because I want to be alone with George.

Like, properly alone with him. Without having to worry about bumping into somebody every five minutes.

I climb the stairs two at a time, moving soundlessly towards my room. My hand reaches the doorknob, but I don't open the door.

I turn back, and slide into Sapnaps room instead.

His window is open, keeping the room cool. The curtains sway carefully, as if to be following a specific rhythm in the breeze.

I place a hand on the windowsill. Goosebumps have gathered on my sleeveless arms.

My eyes don't have to search for him, they seem to always find their way back to him.