10

Dream

I hate Thursdays. They're not Fridays, but they're close enough to the weekend that you can't be moody about the weekend being far away.

Its just a pain altogether.

Class seems to fly by though. Yet since we have a long history paper due on Friday, the library is stacked. Meaning we have to resort to our common room.

This is also the first time George has heard anything about a common room.

"None of you ever told me anything about a common room" George insists for what I feel is the thirteenth time.

Frankly, I'm quite shocked he didn't know about it.

Its just at the end of our hallway, a small cosy room, that has a couple bookshelfs and couches. Nothing special.

"I swear I told you about it" Sapnap says.

George shakes his head. "I would've remembered it" he tells us, his shoulder banging into mine as we walk. Its nice.

"Ive barely gotten any of this paper written" Quackity complains, walking ahead of us in a rush to get to the end of the hall, "I'm gonna fail, and I can't fail an-"

"You do this every time" I console.

George looks up, startled, which I notice he has a habit of doing. Any time I speak he always pays attention, looking a little shocked.

Maybe its because of how scarcely I used to speak around him, compared to now, when I don't mind him hearing things I have to say, whereas I used to hate even having to look at him.

"You say you're gonna fail, and then you'll score higher then half the people in the class" I shrug, "stop worrying."

"Thats easy for you to say" he shoots back.

"He has a point" Sapnap agrees.

We reach the common room doors, and find a little secluded corner of the room to work in.

Quackity, who is still muttering to himself like a panicked little stress ball, throws himself down onto the floor in the corner, not bothering to find a table, which results in all of us just sitting on the floor.

Quackity spreads out his books and immediately leans over pages upon pages of work.

Sapnap sits himself upon a pillar nearby and takes to nudging George constantly with his foot.

I sit closer to Quackity, knowing he'll probably ask for my help in a minute or two, and George sits cross legged just in front of me and Quackity, just in reach for Sapnap to keep kicking at him.

"Wheres your homework?" I ask Sapnap. He looks up.

"Well, wheres yours?"

"I asked first."

"Answer my quest-"

"Not right now" Q groans, "please just give me five minutes of peace or go sit on the couches and leave me be."

Im not done talking, so I sit up and lead us away from Quackity and to the couches. Sapnap lays his head in my lap, and George sits himself on the opposite end of the couch, still crosslegged.

Sapnap grins up at me, his hair flopping backwards. "Well? Where is it" I ask.

He rolls his eyes. "None of its due until Monday, I'll do it this weekend" he smiles.

Now its my turn to scoff. "Like Quackity, you say that every time, you aren't gonna get it done" I shoot. "You should just do it now."

"God, you need to loosen up a little" he says, still smiling as he pulls a little at threads on my sweater. I slap him playfully on the head.