Plan in Motion

Kayden

I sit back in my chair, watching as her marvelous ass walks out my office door. Martin faces me and tells me all I need to know without a single word spoken. That he and Joshua will be sure to protect her for the next hour until she is safely with me in our home. She does not know this yet, but there are far worse monsters out there then me.

I must take a few deep breaths to slow my heart rate and calm my body down. It would not help her, nor I if I lost all my self-control. It is extremely difficult when I think about the past, and those bastards going after her. Trying to harm what has always been mine. It makes me blind with rage.

There is a tap on my door, opening my eyes I put all focus to see who it is. My powers are extraordinary, in fact not many can do everything I can. Reading minds and seeing through inanimate objects are only the tip of the iceberg.

Seeing that it is Tony outside my door makes me feel a little calmer "come in."

He opens the door, without saying anything he closes it quickly, and takes a seat in the chair on the opposite side of my desk. Where not even five minutes ago Ellie sat. Hell, I can still smell her. Her scent is all over my office. She smells like vanilla, sweetness, and arousal. I could get addicted if I am not already.

"Downstairs is all clear. I didn't see anyone at all." His voice brings me back to the moment.

"Good, that just means they still don't know she's here. That she's alive." I let out an exhausted breath.

Tony just gives me a sharp look. One I know all too well. All of us know in two weeks it is her twenty first birthday. The day warlocks receive their entire power. Her power will be just as strong as mine.

She comes from one of the most powerful and prestigious bloodlines, just as I do. Meaning they will feel her that day. They will know she did not die in that car accident. The one that was a set up to kill all occupants of the vehicle, meaning her parents and her.

Being what I can do, I overheard his thought. Knew what was going to happen. At first my little eight-year-old mind did not want to believe it. Kept telling myself he would not do that. Jeffrey McCall, her biological father, the man she does not remember was his best friend. I grew up believing the motto they all taught us.

Always have each other's backs no matter what.

Being the inquisitive child I was, I followed their vehicle. Sure, enough they set up a trap to make the vehicle go over the cliff. His men were waiting to strike. In a matter of minutes, they rammed them from behind, making their car go over the railing. Falling to the bottom of the hill.

I was sure to run as fast as I could to get there, to break the window, and grab her out of the back seat. I ran her into the trees, set her on the ground, checking her heart rate. When I was sure she was going to be okay and did not have anything seriously wrong I was going to make my way back to the car to help her parents. I was too late. His men were already out of their own vehicle.

Hearing everything that was said and seeing what they did sent chills through my bones. Something I have never felt before was coursing through my body. Fear.

That was the night everything changed for me. That was when I saw the true monster. They searched the woods for the child, for my Ellie. Thinking she was thrown from the vehicle. I was sure to make it look that way. Guessing she did not make it, they took it as is, and walked back to their vehicles. Driving away.

I knew what I had to do. Although, it was going to kill a piece of my soul. Not having Ellie with me every day, I knew she was it for me. Knew she was my other half from the time I was five.