Little Bit of Truth

Ellie

Knowing once I ask all the hard things that are on my mind my life will change forever, makes it difficult to take that leap. Somehow, I know Kayden will be here for me through it all. Every step of the way he will walk beside me. Truth is I'm terrified to know.

I know I could keep my mouth shut. I could stay in the unknown for a while longer, but what could happen if I did? I know in some way my life is in danger. Kayden is protecting me from someone or something. I can only imagine whatever it may be there is a power behind it I should fear.

The real question is could I live another second not knowing who I am, what I am, and what he knows about my past? After a few seconds of my own internal battle, I know we need to get all the facts out here in the open.

Taking a deep breath, aligning my eyes with his I ask, "what am I?"

His mouth spreads into the most beautiful smile I have ever seen. He releases me, stands up, and walks to his corner bar. Pouring himself a drink he asks everyone in the room if they would like one. I'm too baffled right now to give an answer, while I await his.

As he turns around, I cross my arms over my chest and stare him down. I can still see the smug smile on his lips as he sips his bourbon. As he puts his glass down on his desk, he surprises me with his answer.

"It's simple really you're like me, you have some vampire, werewolf and witchcraft in your bloodlines."

"I'm just like you then?" He gives me a nod of his head. Not knowing what to make of that I do what I'm good at. Ignore that information and store it away for later to deal with.

"What happened to my parents, and why can't I remember any of it?"

Obviously, that was a bad question to ask. His shoulders get tense, and he whips around facing his desk head on, so he doesn't have to look at me. It must be bad, whatever happened, because the entire room has become still. You could hear a pin drop everyone has become so quiet.

"They were murdered."

Numbness hits me like a ton of bricks. Murdered how can that be. They said it was a drunk driver and they died instantly. I only came out of the accident with a few scratches. How come that's what I recall happening if it didn't really happen at all?

Covering my face with my hands, I take some deep breaths. I'm not sure what's happening to me. My chest feels tight, almost feels like I cannot breathe. My entire body is shaking and cannot feel my arms.

"Ellie, Ellie look at me." I hear someone calling my name. Hands are on my shoulders shaking my body, but I feel none of it.

Seconds, maybe minutes go by, and I feel nothing. I can see it all happening around me, but it's as though my vocal cords are strained. I couldn't answer Kayden if I wanted to. There's Martin at the corner of my eye, he grabbed one of my hands off my face, trying to give me comfort, I guess. If his face is any indication. Joshua and Tony are standing behind Kayden saying things. Things I cannot hear at all. Their mouths are moving a mile a minute, if I didn't know any better, I would think they were worried.

My eyes drift over to Kayden, who is on his knees in front of me. He's trying to get my attention most of all. Really looking at him, I can see so much sadness and worry in his eyes. His beautiful ocean blue eyes. Feeling all this heartache for me. In some way I wish I could make him feel better. Pretend I'm fine and go about the rest of our night like nothing is wrong.

Afraid I cannot do that for him. Wish I could. No, I really wish this was all a nightmare, and I would be waking up soon in my apartment. Atlas, that I know is not the case.

Next thing I know Kayden has this fierce determined look on his face, and all my nerve endings start to wake up. Shaking my head, I'm trying to converse with him that I'm freaking out, and I don't know how to wake up from this trans I find myself in.

Turns out, I don't have to tell him anything. He kisses me. This is not just any kiss. It's a kiss that lets me know he means business. My hands find their way into his hair of their own accord. While his are touching me everywhere.

My entire body is now awake. I feel alive again, and I'm more than ready to have his where I need him most. Forgetting there are three other men in the room, I take a hold of his hands and place them in between my legs.

He understands what I want immediately. One hand is rubbing me in my sweet spot so hard and fast I'm sure I'll come soon. While his other makes its way around my body. He grabs my ass and shoves me forward. So, he can touch me at a better angle.

My toes curl, and my body begins to move with the movements of his hand. I am so turned on I don't even hear the throats clear, or the laughs that fill the room. Kayden must, because all action stops. He looks at me straight in the eyes, smiles and gives me a kiss.

Removing his hands, he slowly stands, and when I come face to face with the hard bulge in his pants, I really want to ask everyone to leave the room. Knowing how much pain he must feel now, he takes the vacant seat next to me, places one leg on top of the other, hiding his arousal the best he can.

Clearing his throat, he addresses everyone in the room. "Sorry, got carried away there a minute." He pats the cushion beside him and opens his arm for me to cuddle up next to him. Without protest I take him up on his offer. Something tells me I'm going to need his strength to help me get through the rest of this.

He places his other hand under my chin, lifts my face up to his and asks me if he would like for him to show me what happened. There's a battle going on inside of my head. I know I need to know what happened that night. Not only to have the facts, but to know what I'm up against too.

"Ellie, look at me." I hadn't realized I closed my eyes.

When I opened them and looked up into his he gave me a sad smile. "It's not going to be easy to see it baby. It will be one of the hardest things you will ever witness, but I think you want to know."

I gave a slight nod, feeling tears slide down my cheeks. With his thumb he wiped them away, kissed my cheek, the corner of my mouth, and pulled away.

"Believe me I don't want to show you this, but I think you need to know everything." His arm tightened around me, as he put his lips to my ear and whispered "I'll be there the whole-time baby. Right beside you."

"Okay, I'm ready." 

Authors Note: I hope you are enjoying my book so far. If so please leave a vote or comment and let me know what you may think =)