Coming to an End

Ellie

I've had enough, this needs to end here tonight. "I will always love you brother." I whisper into Keith's ear, and slowly lay his body down. I'm not sure what's happening to me, but I can feel power flowing through my veins.

Looking up, I see true fear in Luther's eyes. Not sure what's going on, and truth be told I couldn't care less. I just know Luther Monroe's number is up. Standing to my full height, I close my eyes, crack my neck, and shake out my hands.

Opening my eyes, I see Luther and all his men backing away slowly. Sticking one hand out towards me, Luther says "now darling let's have a chat shall we. No need for anymore violence."

It's my turn to laugh, "you expect me to let this go. You put some sort of curse on Kayden so you could kill him, and then you murdered my brother." I take a step in his direction, him and all his men watch my every move.

"I would never kill my son. I still need him for my plans to work out. I was just going to punish him by killing those closest to him and bring him back to my domain. Force him to do what I wish to happen."

"How would you force him to do that?" I ask incredulously.

"By taking you of course." He stops walking and smiles.

Next thing I know a net falls from the trees above. Thinking they won, they move closer to me. Luther smiling the entire time. I don't fight too much; I want to hear what poison he will spill next.

"You see my dear, as long as I have you, he will do exactly as he's told." He points to Kayden, who has his eyes closed, and laying on the ground looking to be asleep.

"I won't harm you and allow visits a couple times a week as long as you both behave." He fixes the sleeve of his shirt as he speaks.

"After all, grandchildren that are Hybrids would be remarkable. I can raise them to be subordinate soldiers, and then there really won't be a thing anyone can do to stop me." His eyes raise to the tree line.

I wonder if he knows that Martin, Joshua, Liz, and my mother are there. Hiding within the trees. I know they won't let this happen. They'll help before we are carted off. As he talks about his babble bullshit, and all his plans, I'm trying my hardest to work on the net.

"It won't do I'm afraid. It's got a placement spell set upon it. It won't budge, burn, loosen, or anything until the one that cursed it does it himself." He smiles so large his beautiful white teeth show.

He bends down so he is eye level with me "did you really think you had a chance? There is no one who can beat me. You see I knew by the time this happened you wouldn't be properly trained. So even though you are at full power you don't know how to control it."

He looks back to where Kayden lays on the ground, "and I knew just what would work to detain my stubborn boy." Looking at me, he gets into my face, "so you see my dear although you are pissed beyond all reason, and that your powers are full capacity at this very moment, you don't know how to wield them. Rendering them useless." I hear him mutter pity before standing to his full height.

Looking to Kayden I try to get though to him. Kayden, wake up. I need you. Please!

If you can hear me at all, wake up now. If you don't, he will try to kill everyone we love and care for. He will take us, and we will be forced to do what he wishes. Please!

Nothing happens, and my entire body sags in defeat. One of the biggest monsters in this world is going to win again. There's nothing I can do. Looking towards the trees I beg for them to run. To hide and come up with another plan. That way they will not die.

Luther walks over to his son and looks down at him. Victory rings in his words as he says, "all that fighting for nothing my boy, what a shame." He laughs in joy.

Can't help the tears that leak from my eyes and pour down my cheeks. If only I wasn't completely useless, if only I knew of my power. Bringing my legs to my chest I wrap my arms around them and hold them tight. I beg for forgiveness, if only I had listened when I had the chance.

Lifting my head I take one last look towards Kayden. Watching his father stare at his son with victory in his eyes. No! Fuck that! I will not stand by and watch this happen. Pull yourself together Ellie! I chastise myself.

I stand up, looking to Kayden I say a silent prayer hoping this works. I close my eyes, and focus all my attention on what I want to happen. I say an incantation that my mother taught me, the one to free yourself. Opening my eyes, I still see the net wrapped around me, but I'm glowing and the net feels like it's heating up.

"What the..." Luther begins, eyes wide and looking at me.

"Let me out!" I shout with all the power and emotion I have.

The next begins to burn, before I know it it's completely a blaze. With my arms I remove the net from around my body completely. Stepping towards him, Luther and his men step back.

"Impossible." Luther breaths out.

"Go to Hell," I say as I put my hands together and push them out in front of me, sending all the power I can manage his way. Luther, Connor and Lucian flying. His other men all try run towards me, but with a snap of my finger I send them to their knees.

"I have had enough of listening to your voice. Had enough of your monstrous ideas of this world, and how you are going to rule it. I will not allow that to happen." I say as I walk to Kayden's side.

Holding my hand out I place a protective shield around us. I can hear Liz, my mother, Martin, Joshua, and Tony all step behind me. My mother places her hand along my shoulder, and grabs Liz's hand with her other. Together the three of us wake Kayden up.

His eyes pop open and he looks to me. His hand lifts into my hair, touching the side of my face, "beautiful, you're okay." He states.

With tears in my eyes I tell him I'm just fine. His body shoots up and he holds me within his hold. When he looks behind us he sees his father and his men on their knees. Stuck just as I wanted.

"You did that?" He asks.

I nod my head in the affirmative. His smile is brilliant. "That's my woman." He kisses me, then stands to his full height.

Looking to Tony and Joshua he says, "Tie those assholes up."

I see Joshua and Tony make their way over to them with rope in their hands. They work it around Lucian and Connor, tying a tight knot at the end. My mother and Liz come over and stand beside me, watching as the men take control.

"Ellie come here please." Kayden holds out a hand to me.

Placing my hand in his, he kisses the tips of my fingers, and hugs me close to his chest. "I need you to close your eyes and hum a song for me baby." He whispers into my ear.

"Why?" I look up at him, but he pulls my face back to his chest and brings his mouth into my neck. He breaths in my scent.

"Please baby, just do this for me. I don't want you to see what's about to happen." He speaks.

So, I do just that. With my face buried in his chest, I hum a song that I know by heart. One about love and joy in the world. With one ear to his heart, the other covered by his hand, I know the monster is about to get what he deserves.