Morning Comes, Rage Arises

Kayden

Waking up my body feels cold, Ellie must have woken before me. Although I don't ever remember this happening before. In my sleep muddled mind, I know something is wrong. Getting up off the bed, I get dressed and make my way outside.

Everything seems calm, I walk to her mother's tent. It's where Moyra, Liz, and Keith are sleeping. If anyone would know where Ellie is it would be the three of them. Opening the flap to their tent, I don't bother announcing myself. This all belongs to me; they don't have a say whether I come in or not.

Moyra is already up, doing stretches on the floor, Liz pops up from her laying position in the makeshift bed. There's a confused look upon her face. Her brows are scrunched, and her mouth is set in a straight line.

"Is something wrong?" Her voice is hoarse when she asks.

Now I have Moyra's attention as well. Both sets of eyes are looking at me. I walk over to the makeshift bed in which Keith is sleeping on and kick it with my foot. I get no response, having enough of this I whip the covers off his sleeping form. Only when the blankets are uncovered there are only pillows laid down, where Keith should be.

My heart starts pounding. I know something is seriously wrong. He's not here, and Ellie isn't either. Why would someone make it look as though they are in their bed asleep, when really, they are nowhere to be found?

"Where the fuck is he!" I ask the two of them as I turn around. The look on their faces is one I know well, pure fear.

"Your eyes are completely red." Liz whispers.

"Where the fuck is Keith!" I shout so loud I'm almost certain the ground on which we are standing on shakes.

I don't let them answer before I am stomping towards them. My hands are set into fists and are so tight my knuckles are turning white. Reaching Liz, I grab her by the neck with my hand, and pull her out of the bed.

Joshua, Martin, and Tony all run inside the tent. The scene that is playing out in front of them has them moving so fast I don't react in time. Joshua slams his body into me and catches Liz within his arms before she falls to the ground. Martin and Tony both have their hands along my shoulders holding me back.

"Calm down man, what is going on in here?" Tony shouts over my long growl.

I'm no longer a man. My beast is coming out to play. This can be deadly for anyone around me, including my closest friends. I see nothing but red. I want to annihilate the threat to Ellie, only problem is I'm not positive on who that threat is.

"I'm not sure what's going on," Liz says between breaths, her hands are around her neck, and she's coughing.

"He came in here without telling us what he was looking for, and then he went to Keith's bed." She points over to where the blankets and pillows are all muddled.

"I don't know what he found, he blocked my view, but he turned slowly and just kept yelling 'where is he? I don't know what is going on." She finishes on a cry.

Martin steps up to me, grabbing ahold of my head, he looks deep into my eyes "calm the fuck down. Or we won't be able to help you with whatever is happening." His own eyes plead with me to do as he asks.

Closing my eyes, I shake my head, and take a few deep breaths. Doing what I can to calm the rage that is still building inside of me. Martin is right if I don't get myself under control, I'll turn into my beast and everyone in the camp will be in danger. I could very well help my father out by killing some of our own.