Spoils of War

Ellie

Takes me a moment to gather myself in my new surroundings. The tight hold placed around my arm becomes even tighter. Sending excruciating pain to my shoulder and head. Would fall to my knees if it weren't for Luther holding me up closer to his body. The rage on his face, sends a cold chill of fear throughout my body.

"What the fuck is going on!" He roars so loud it echoes into the night. Wait when did it become nighttime? And why are there trees surrounding us, instead of immaculate walls of luxury? Isn't that what kings live in, castles of luxury?

Seeing where his eyes are pointing, I look ahead of us, and there they are. My savior and his trusted followers. Kayden stands in the front, with Joshua and Tony to his left. Then there's Liz and my mother to his right. With about a hundred or more men and women standing behind them. Kayden has a devilish smile upon his lips, and his eyebrow is quirked up.

"You are doing ok sweetheart?" His eyes turn to me, and I see the same affection in his eyes he always has just for me.

Tears of happiness are in my eyes, and I'm too thrilled and elated to speak. Giving him a nod, a cry makes its way out of my mouth. It takes all I have not to try and run to him here and now.

"You little bastard where are all my men, and why are we here?" His father yells in rage. It's then I notice, all his men are not in sight. All he has are the ones standing beside him. His right-hand Connor, and his son Lucian. There are two other big men holding my brother Keith standing behind us.

"Well dear old father, you see I knew exactly what you were planning on doing, and I just had to break up your little party." As the words drip out of Kayden's mouth, Joshua and Tony laugh beside him. Martin cracks a smile, and my mother hasn't stopped glaring at Connor.

"You think you can outsmart me, I trained you. I know all of your moves you little fucker." Luther's other hand is swinging around. He pulls me in front of him, holds my face up by my chin, "besides I have one up on you, I have your little sweetheart."

He brings his face into my hair and breaths me in. What he does next appalled me to no end. His tongue shoots out, and the man licks my cheek starting at my ear all the way down to my cheek. The look on Kayden's face is murderous.

Martin's arm shoots out to hold him back. He's trying to goad you, stay calm. Remember don't let him win. We have him just where we want him Kayden, he knows his time is up. I hear Martin's voice in my head as well. He must have wanted me to hear it.

Kayden's body relaxes some, and he looks to me. Just focus on me sweetheart. I'm going to get you out of here soon. I close my eyes and count to ten to calm my racing heart.

"How did you find out what I was up to anyway? I know your brother Adrian wouldn't have said a word." Luther sneers Kayden's way.

Looking to his father, I watch as he steps aside. A man walks out from the shadows behind him. He looks to be maybe a little older than Kayden, they have the same black hair and chin. This must be his other brother.

"No, you are supposed to be dead you little shit. I sent Adrian to finish you, he wouldn't let you live." Luther wraps his hand around my neck and brings me closer to his body. I can feel his breath on my neck.

The man laughs, a cold sound "no he wouldn't have father." He spits his words, "but he didn't get to finish the job at hand before Kayden found us. I knew you killed her, my blood bond mate, so when he came to me, healed me, and asked what you had planned I told him everything I knew." The man folds his arms over his chest. Staring into his father's eyes with fire building within them.

"And what of my eldest son?" Luther looks to Kayden, who has stepped back to his place in front of everyone.

"Oh father, I let Joshua and Tony have some fun with him. His ashes are in the fire pit back at the camp." At his last words, the hand around my neck tightens just a bit.

"You two little fuckers. I should have killed you years ago." I can feel Luther shaking his head.

"I knew the minute I thought I had her killed you would turn against me. Your own flesh and blood. The man who did all he could to bring you into this world."

"You mean kidnapping and raping my mother as a young girl. Forcing her into a loveless marriage. Beating her repeatedly all throughout my life, and then having her killed in front of me five years ago!" Kayden shouts, his eyes turning red, and his hands into fists.

He takes a step closer, "yes you did everything you could, but not out of love. You have no idea what love is you piece of shit. You did all this for power, so you could kill or enslave all the humans. Any Fae, Vampire, Werewolf, or Witch and Warlock that is beneath you the same. You did this for greed."

There's silence for a moment. Son and father standing off to one another. Out of nowhere Luther starts to laugh. He laughs so hard, he lets go of my neck, and throws me into Lucians arms.

Walking closer to his son, he says "yes I did, and now you're going to play the weep and sorrow card. How you've had such a hard life. All the riches, being so powerful no one could touch you, and let's not forget all the women at your feet."

Kayden walks until he and his father are practically nose and nose apart. "Yeah, you made it, so I am one of he most powerful beings in this world. Our family has so much money we don't know what to do with ourselves, but you forget we were all stuck with you as a father. We suffered just as much if not more than most."

Luther steps back from his son, slashing his hand in the air. "That's a bunch of bullshit and you know it. I did what was best for our family. You," he points his finger into Kayden's face, "ruined it all for some pussy."

He gets right into Kayden's face again, "you should be ashamed of yourself. I have done everything to make us the most powerful family alive, and how do you repay me?"

He turns and walks back to me. Grabbing me around my waist he brings me in front of him, "by saving her repeatedly. Watching out for her, to be sure she's well hidden and safe from me. Well as you can see you failed son."

Wrapping his hand around my neck, he brings my body into his. "I have her now, and you know what she's quite the little morsel. I don't think I'll be returning her." He says and he smells my hair.

"In fact, I wonder if she is as good of a fuck as her mother." That's the last thing he says before my mother shoots out of the crowd and is coming at us.