The Time Has Come

Kayden

My brother Mason told me everything. I let him free from his ropes, but I have him under Joshua and Tony's watchful eyes. Making my way to the center of the camp I stand on the table, and shout to get everyone's attention.

Once all eyes are on me, I explain what the hell is going on. "My blond bond mate, Ellie, has been taken. In the middle of the night, my older brother Lucian and some of my father's men took her." I look out at the crowd, making damn sure I have everyone's eyes on me.

"They took her to my fathers' mansion that is hidden here. She is now in his psychotic hands. I have reason to believe from a very good source he intends to use her in his own proper gain. I need anyone, witches, warlocks, and Fae alike that know how to do a portal that can get me to the Dark Fae King before my father does to come up front now."

Jumping off the table, I lean against it, crossing my arms, and watching as people crowd around me in the front. The werewolves and vampires stand back. I look to Martin and Joshua to handle them. They will tell them what must be done on their part.

"What's the plan?" Moyra asks from my left.

I look at her and I can see where Ellie gets her strength and stubbornness from. Her arms are to her sides, and hands set in fists. Her chest and shoulders are moving at a fast pace as her breathing picks up. She's ready for a fight.

"First, I need to find out who's the best at doing portals." I look each and every person in the eyes.

"I know there are many kinds of portals, but the one I specifically need is one to move you to a different place that is within the same realm. We don't want to leave this one."

They all look at me with stunned looks on their faces. One woman raises her hand. I nod her way, "there aren't many witches, warlocks, or even Fae that can do that. It's almost impossible."

Before a word can leave my lips, I hear "the hell we can't." I know that voice. I look to my left, and there standing behind Ellies mother is her best friend. She has a fierce look upon her face, and fire in her eyes. She's pissed off, and if I was anyone else, I may be afraid.

"Oh, and I suppose you know of someone who can?" the woman asks.

"As a matter of fact, I do." She turns towards the woman and gives her the coldest look I've seen yet.

"Please, there's only one witch I have ever heard of pulling that off. Unless you know who that is personally, then there is no way we can do this." The woman laughs at what she feels is a naïve young girl.

"And if we cannot do this, then depending on where you want to go it could take days, perhaps weeks even though we are in the same realm." Another man puts his thoughts into the mix.

"Where I want to go is to the Dark Fae Kings Castle directly."

There's an echo of shocked breaths and looks of stunned faces amongst the crowd. I know they all think I have lost it, but this is important. If I can get to him first, I may be able to beat my father at his own game.

There's no way he could win if I can talk with the King. Because once I show him just what we have seen he won't want to work with my father at all. Knowing as of now, the Dark Fae King is a neutral facet, must really get on my fathers' nerves.

I know he's tried to get every King of the Supernatural World on his side. Usually, it's so easy for him because what king doesn't want more power. That's what the world is coming to after all. Power is everything to people such as them.

The Dark Fae King has always been different. For hundreds of years, he has been contenting with just having the power of this realm. No one really knows why, nor do any of us understand it, but I don't question it. He's one last person I must deal with in this war.

However, what my father is planning to do may just sway him to his side. I cannot let that happen, nor will I allow it. Because what he's going to give him isn't his for the taking.

"You need me, and you have me." Liz's voice cuts into my thoughts.

Raising my head, I make direct eye contact with her. She's moved from behind Moyra and is standing only a few feet from me. She has the most determined look in her eyes.

"What are you talking about?" The woman from earlier asks before I can utter a word.

Liz turns her head in the direction of the woman's voice. The look on her face is now a mix of determination and mad as hell. "I mean the one witch that all of you have heard of being able to do a portal in the same realm, taking you to another part of said realm is me." Liz says the words with conviction.

"You," everyone in the group laughs, "please you're just a girl. There is no way in hell you're more powerful than the rest of us here." The woman spits at her.

Liz turns and walks away from the crowd. Just as I'm thinking she's had enough and she's going to go hide out in her tent she stops. Closing her eyes, she lifts her hands in front of her, like she's praying.

Taking a step closer my body is now on high alert. Can she really do this? She lifts her hands up over her head, says something I can't quite hear, and shoots her hands into a circular motion in front of her.

Once second, there's nothing there. Then, the next there's a circle of white light. She turns her head to the side, looks right at me and smiles. She walks through the portal, and it closes.

"That proves nothing, she just left and went somewhere else. Hell for all we know she could have gone back to Earth with her tail tucked between her legs." The annoying woman keeps chatting away getting on my nerves.

I'm about to turn around and order her to shut the fuck up when a bright light forms behind the crowd on the other side of camp. A circular shape forms, and out walks Liz from within its depth. Everyone is stunned silent, including me.

My lips form the most brilliant of smiles. This is what I needed at this moment. The little bit of hope we can do what needs to be done. Liz walks right up to the woman, a smirk place on her face.

"Anything to say now bitch." She asks the woman.

All the woman seems to be able to do is shake her head no. Liz tells her she didn't think so, as she hits her shoulder walking by her. When she gets to me, she looks me dead in the eyes and says, "I'm ready when you are."

I do something I don't do often. I bring my arms around her and hold her in a hug. I think she's just as surprised by my actions as I am, as well as all around us. Everyone's mouths are agape. Stepping away from her, I clear my throat, and look at her wide eyes.

"Get everyone ready we leave in five." People start going crazy, getting their weapons, preparing for the battle to come.

"Sorry Liz didn't mean to frighten you. I just," I'm not sure how to explain what I'm feeling in this moment.

She places her hand on my shoulder, "I completely understand. Let's go get our girl." We smile and nod at one another.

Our time has finally come. I'm going take down the monster that effect our world. There will be justice, and with the help of the people I consider my family I will prevail.