25

She took me to the seaside. No one dared to speak, we are just really busy staring at the beautiful scenery in front of us. It's really good to look at the sea when it is night.

I hugged myself as the wind continue to blow.

"This feels good, Mom." I mumbled. She caressed my hair softly and leaned closer.

"I know." she whispered and rubbed my back. It makes me feel relaxed, somehow.

"Do you want to quit already?" she suddenly asked.

"In what?"

"Your marriage, Y/N. If you are already hurting, why don't you just leave?"

I looked down and played with my fingers. Why is she suddenly telling me this? Of course, I can't do that. Dad would definitely harm everyone around me, especially those people who are close to my heart. I don't want to be selfish.

"How about you, Mom? You are already hurting... why don't you just leave Dad?" I returned the question to her.

She was a bit shocked by my question, but still managed to answer it.

"Simply because I love your father, Y/N. Do you... have the same reason?" she looked into my eyes, trying to figure out my feelings.

I avoided her stares. I chuckled. "N–no. Of course not."

I lied.

I definitely lied.

I knew that I am already falling for him.

I am just trying to hide it.

Because, I can't and I shouldn't have.

She caressed my hair softly. "Listen on what your heart says, Y/N. But, don't use too much of it. You might get hurt."

My tears fell again.

"Just a piece of advice. I don't want you to get hurt. I love you so much." she whispered and kissed my hair.

"I love you, Mommy. Sorry." I said and hugged her.

After that, she drove me home. I had fun, even though it lasts for a short while. I felt free and in comfort for a moment. When I entered the house, it was quiet. I removed my shoes.

"Jeon Y/N." I got startled by Jungkook's deep voice. I rolled my eyes and didn't mind him.

"Correction, Hwang. I don't consider myself married to you." I said and tried to walk pass him but he pulled my wrist.

"Ouch! Jungkook!" I tried to remove his hand over mine.

"Where have you been?" his eyes was raging from madness. I could sense it by how tight his grip.

"It's none of your fucking business. Stay away from it." I fearlessly said.

He was about to raise his hand again.

"You'll slap me again? Go on. That's the only thing you know to do, hurt me." I glared at him. He was shocked by my answer. He slowly lowered his arms and loosen his grip.

"What's wrong with you? You pushed me away earlier and now you are worried of me coming home late?" I sarcastically stated.

"I–I didn't mean to make you feel bad, Y/N. I... I just need to do something–"

"You already did! You pushed me away! Don't act as if you are not aware of what you are doing!" I shouted. He stared at me in shock.

"If your care for me is fake, please stop caring now! Just put that act when we are in front of our parents. You are just hurting me, Jungkook. Don't you know that?!" I exploded.