Horror (Off/Gun)

Author's note: Inspired by the Arm Share episode 61 with Gun and Mond as guests.

He tried to wave his hands, kick his feet but to no avail. The water was swallowing him, dragging him under its surface. He felt his body bumping on the rocks covering the bottom of the river. He tried to grab the safety rope, but his hands were too short. He felt his fingers brushed Arm's hand, slipping away from him. The current was too strong, and he could no longer fight it. He heard people yelling his name, but water in his ears muffled it. He felt weak and couldn't hold his head up. His whole body hurt from constant bumping into rocks, and after one particular hit directed on his head, he finds himself slowly blacking out. 

He was sure he would never see his Papii again. Will the quarrel they had this morning be the last thing they share?

"I am sorry, Papii." He thought before losing consciousness. 

He heard the voices talking in distance. He wanted to open his eyes, but they were still too heavy. His whole body was hurting, and he wanted to stop.

"I am sorry, Off." Arm said.

"Don't be. It's not your fault." Off answered with a shaky voice. 

"He's full of bruises. My Babii." Off snuffled, caressing Gun's pale cheek.  

"I am sorry. I should have been more careful." Arm apologized again. 

"I said it's not your fault. You didn't know this would happen." 

"If you saw his terrified face when the current tripped his legs, you wouldn't be saying that." Arm commented dejectedly. Off shook his head, stopping his friend from talking. 

"Gun will be alright. He will wake up in no time because he is a fighter. He won't leave me." He said firmly. 

He wanted to see his Papii so much. He wanted to apologize. He didn't mean those things he said. His eyelids shake, fighting the heaviness before he was able to open them fully. 

"You are awake, Babii."  Off cried out, hugging the tiny man. 

"Papii," Gun croaked out, his throat hurting. "Gun is sorry." he stuttered, crying. 

"It's alright, Babii. Just don't put me through horror like this ever again." Off said before kissing the top of Gun's bandaged head, wiping the tears rolling down his cheeks.