Basis (Pick/Rome)

Protect omegas were every pack's basis. Mated or not, no one should mess with them. Rome couldn't call himself that lucky. The young omega didn't belong to any pack. Growing up in the orphanage was a big disadvantage. And it was only a matter of time for him to get cornered by a much bigger alpha. Rome was on his way to the university canteen to meet his friend Emma when it happened. He knew how to protect himself, but he was still frightened. His small body was pressed against the cold wall, and he couldn't get away from the hungry alpha. 

"No!" Rome tried to push the man, but he was way too strong for him. 

"Get the fuck away from him." The low growl echoed through the hallway. Rome's all senses tingled as he sniffled another alpha. His pheromones were strong enough to get the man running for his life. 

"Thank you," Rome whispered, still affected by the man's scent. 

"You are Rome, right? Emma's friend." The alpha commented. Rome nodded, eyes glued to the ground. 

"Not looking at the person you are talking to is rude." The alpha spoke again. Rome was hesitating. He didn't want to get the alpha angry but he was scared too. 

"No need to be scared. My name is Pick." The alpha lifted Rome's head. Their eyes met, and the whole world stopped for them. 

"I will protect you from now on," Pick announced, not letting the tiny omega disagree. 

"So will my pack." He finished.