14 | First Accident!

It was a week after the party and everything was back to normal with Ashwin and Keerthi. As usual Keerthi was going home after work with Saranya. Saranya invited her over for dinner. It was Friday and the traffic was so much. Keerthi had already informed her parents and HIM about the plan.

Saranya's house was an hour drive from her house so Keerthi had to drive back late after dinner. Although Saranya told to stay with her, Keerthi wanted to be with her parents during the night just in case of any emergency. It was currently 7 pm and they reached the destination.

At the house Saranya's parents invited her lovingly. They have always considered Keerthi as another daughter. When Keerthi entered she was attacked by aroma of delicious food. She was so hungry and couldn't wait to dig in.

All quickly settle to eat. Keerthi moaned tasting her favorite dishes including biriyani, paneer, samosa etc. She was also happy to see the halwa for dessert. Saranya's parents were so happy to see her enjoying the food.

After the chit chat with her parents Keerthi was ready to depart. It was 10 pm in the night and she had to ride the car for an hour now. Informing her parents and HIM about her leaving now. Keerthi waved a bye and hugged Saranya's parents and started her journey home.

Ashwin was also at the hospital working when he received her text. He had this uneasy feeling the whole day today but did not ponder on it for long. Keerthi's parents were watching TV while waiting for her.

Keerthi turned on the radio and was singing along for the songs. She enjoyed these types of drive. Keerthi was a careful driver. She was in the speed limit and everything was going so smoothly. She reached the highway and was feeling sleepy. The next lay out to take a break was in 20 minutes. She thought she will stay awake till that. It was the amount of food that is kicking in now. She ate a lot due to the ravishing taste of the items on the table. Also the workload has been very extensive the last few days and she did not get proper sleep due to an important project.

But little did she know she closed her eyes for a second and there came a lorry behind her car. Due to her sudden stop the lorry collapsed with her car. When Keerthi woke up and realized what was happening her car turned upside down. Keerthi went into total black out.

It was around 10.30 pm, her parents received the call from the police about the accident and she was taken to St. George's hospital where they worked. Her parents were shell shocked and didn't know what to do. They informed Ashwin and his parents and started to the hospital.

Ashwin couldn't believe what has happened, he also worked there and although his shift was over he ran to the ICU where she was admitted. Tears started rolling down his eyes seeing his Keerthi like this on the bed. He was not allowed to go in, but he told the doctor taking care that it was his fiance. The doctor advised him to stay strong and that he will do his best to take care of her.  He also said that she has lost a lot of blood and has a severe head injury.

All the elders reached the hospital soon and was trying to console each other. Even Saranya was there to help them. Saranya was feeling guilty of leaving her alone at that time. Ashwin was feeling numb. He sat on the chair and there was no emotion in his eyes. He was just staring at the wall. Ashwin's dad noticed it and asked him to go outside for fresh air. There Ashwin hugged his dad and cried his heart out. Ashwin felt better after letting it all out and dad tried to console him.

It was 2 hours and still the doctors haven't said anything to them about Keerthi. Everyone was waiting impatiently. The doctors finally arrived and said that she was safe but has a head injury and also minor fractures in her legs and hands.

Doctor also informed of she being unconscious and that she will wake up soon. All were so relieved and happy. The nurse came after half an hour an informed us about Keerthi waking up. All rushed to see her. Ashwin was contemplating on going so when lastly behind others. Keerthi saw everyone and tears started coming out of her eyes. Her parents wiped her tears and reassured her that she was okay. Keerthi also saw his parents there and she knew he worked here. Her eyes were searching for HIM.

Ashwin knew that she will be looking for him. All the elders saw her searching for him so they left him and her alone in the room. When they saw each other they kept staring. Both had tears in their eyes. It was the first time Keerthi is seeing him crying, that too for her.

Ashwin just hugged her gently and kissed her forehead. Keerthi was sobbing so hard. It was the first time she faced an accident too.

Ashwin: It is okay babe. Don't worry I am here.

Keerthi: I was so scared, I didn't know what happened.

Ashwin: shhhhhh... Take rest. don't think too much. I am so happy that you are safe. I couldn't see you like this.

Keerthi hugged him back with the injured hand and cried. He lightly pecked her lips and hugged her. The nurse then came and informed that she needs to rest and they will be shifting her to the ward soon. Ashwin sent everyone home and told that he will wait with her till they move her.

After few hours she was moved to the ward in the 10th floor of the hospital. Ashwin went with her and sat for sometime until she drifted off to sleep. He also had a long night and he needed rest. He informed the nurses and left. All the staff knew him so there was no need to worry about the situation.

Ashwin thanked god for bringing his life back to him. It was so hard when he heard the news about the accident. He was bound to protect her at any cost now. He went home and slept too as he wanted to visit her in the morning.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
Hey next chapter is here!
How was it?
Like, comment and share🙌