42 | First Baby Shower!

Hey!!! Hope all are well!! Sorry could not update yesterday... Here is the next chapter!! Enjoy...

After the patch up, now Keerthi was getting used to all her new cravings and basically embracing herself of being a mum. Ashwin was also calm and very patient with her. He even refused to send her to her parents' house as per the ritual but invited them to stay in his house to take care of her. He was not ready to take any risk with her now.

Keerthi was surprised at how is taking care of her. He even started spending more time with her and doing everything for her. With one look at her face he could literally tell what she feels and acts accordingly. They planned to have their 'seemantham' (ritual done by Hindus on pregnant women similar to a baby shower) soon too. Ashwin wanted to surprise her with something else before that now.

That day after work he came and gave her a letter. The letter showed a famous photographer was going to do a photoshoot on them as a couple. Keerthi wanted to take pictures to keep it as memories. This was her first child. She was so happy and hugged him. Ashwin even bought her dresses for her shoot and they were suppose to meet the photographer tomorrow at a certain location. Keerthi was so excited and started to pack everything she needs with the help of HIM of course.

Oh by the way... everyone will be wondering what child they are going to have right?! A boy or a girl?? Actually the couple decided to keep it as a surprise. They did not want to prepare everything, they wanted to raise the child as a normal person. Both Ashwin and Keerthi did not prefer the gender, they were ready to have either and show the utmost love towards the baby.

Many people still prefer to check the gender before the child is born. Is that necessary? Whatever it is, it is the couple's child and they have to raise them anyways. What is the point of checking the gender? In my point of view, people should refrain from doing this. A child is unaware of all these happenings and comes into this world with new hopes. Still some family even in the Western countries prefer a boy child... why?! This should change. Girls are no less to the boys. With the development of the technology these old expectations should vanish.

The next morning both got ready and started towards the location. They met the photographer and he explained the ideas he had. Both were happy with the thoughts expressed and he started to take the photos.

 Both were happy with the thoughts expressed and he started to take the photos

Keerthi wanted to have both coloured and monochrome photos. The photographer was so friendly and kind. He was so easy to work with and his photos were turning out to be very beautiful.

Ashwin was always by her side and even helped her with the dress changes too

Ashwin was always by her side and even helped her with the dress changes too. The location was wonderful and it brought the correct feels. She was thankful for organizing this great shoot for them. Keerthi loved taking photos and these will be her favourite forever.

They returned home after an exhausting day

They returned home after an exhausting day. The elders cooked for them and she savoured all the food for dinner. They also informed the couple about the Hindu ritual which will take place in two days.  Keerthi was looking forward to that too. She will get to meet her friends and family too. Both then decided to go to bed as they had to plan for the coming event soon.

(After two days......)

It was the day of Keerthi's bridal shower. She was draped in a yellow saree with the help of HIM. He helped her with everything now and just a mere touch from him still brings tingles to her stomach. She was glowing today and he kissed her forehead and most importantly her belly. Whenever he talked with the child she could feel the baby kicking too. Both laughed wholeheartedly and went downstairs.

Keerthi and Ashwin was shocked to see the decorations. It was so beautiful.

She sat on the chair and saw Saranya and family and some of her relatives there already

She sat on the chair and saw Saranya and family and some of her relatives there already. They admired her and wished her well. All wished them both and had lunch at their place before leaving. Keerthi then took more photos with the saree too.

After that she felt so tired and went to remove her saree

After that she felt so tired and went to remove her saree. She got into a comfortable dress and sat in bed. Ashwin returned to the room after some time and was shocked to see her crying,

Ashwin: Babe, what happened? Is it paining?

Keerthi: No, I am fat Ashwin

Ashwin: What?

Keerthi: I am fat now and you won't love me anymore like before na?

Ashwin: Who told you like that?

Keerthi: I know babe, I know...

Ashwin: Oh no... I will always love you baby, no matter what!

Keerthi: Really?

Ashwin: Yes.. You are my life and my soul. You are my everything. I can never hurt you..

He then hugged her and put her to sleep. He did not know whether to laugh or cry at her cute reactions. He then hugged her and slept together.

Ashwin knew that they had few weeks now before his baby will be in his hands. He could not wait to carry the child. With all these thoughts he went to sleep feeling relieved.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
Here is the next chapter! How was it? Let me know!

Let me know some baby names, for a girl and a boy??? I am still thinking about that. Would love your suggestions people!!!

Vote, follow, comment and share

Love to all❤️