FIVE

1-week later

1-week later

"Karma." I raise my head from this document to look at Leslie who's standing in the middle of the doorway to look at my friend and secretary, Leslie, as she peeks her head through the door, "You have a representative for Disney actress..." she pauses looking down at her notes in her hand, "Laila Scott on the line for you."

"Who is Laila Scott again?" I ask and she chuckles,

"She some kid, I think she's in that Camp Rock TV show Disney started promoting. Can you believe they're making shows out of the movies we grew up with for a whole new generation?" she snorts before slipping out of the doorway and I sigh, dropping the paper in my hand going to answer the phone.

Picking it up in my hand, I pressed the number 'one' on the panel and said, "Hello." I was met with the voice of a cheery lady on the phone, most likely a manager, discussing why the interview that another journalist had conducted was very well done, as she thanked our staff from the interviewers to the photographers for Laila's shoot because Laila was very happy with the way everything turned out for her first big feature in our magazine.

By the end of the phone call, I felt great that our team did it again for another satisfied guest. Hanging the phone back in its place, I lean back into my seat, proofreading the rough draft of this month's issue before I'm interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing.

Rolling my eyes, I pick up my phone to see Paola's grinning face across the screen. Clicking the green button I put the phone on speaker, holding it in my hand, "Pao? Did you need something?"

"Um no," she says, her voice sounding slightly nervous on the phone and I begin to get concerned.

"Are you okay? Can I facetime you?" I say worriedly and in confusion, because it's not often that I hear Paola's voice like this but she's quick to stop me

"No! No!" she exclaims, "No. It's okay I-I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry and I hope you don't hate me when you get home and I want you to remember that I love you and our friendship can survive this."

I snort, "Whatever you did can't be that bad. Our friendship can survive anything."

She sighs through the speaker, "Yeah you're right. I-I'm glad you feel that way. In case you don't feel the same by the time you get home, it was all Ryan's fault." she says quickly before hanging up in my face and I look at my phone weirdly

I swear I told Paola to stop drinking wine early in the morning her mind always gets a bit hazy.

A knock sounds through my office and thinking back to Paola's phone call, I raise an eyebrow before saying, "Come in?" tucking hair behind my ear looking at the door curiously.

I sigh in relief when I see Carter's face smiling at me as he opens the door widely, bringing me Mcdonalds for lunch this time.

I groan in annoyance because I told him last time it'd be my turn, "Carter! I told you lunch was on me you didn't have to go and get food for us again. Here, let me get my wallet." I stand up from behind my desk, pulling down my olive green pencil skirt and straightening my white button-up blouse that had been tucked in, walking over to the black couch on the left side of the room where my purse was sitting and soon as I go to get my wallet, it's snatched out of my grasp and I look up to see Carter next to me holding the small blue purse in his hands, "You're not paying me back because I just wanted to bring you some food to say sorry for missing our lunch date today. I have to go to a doctor's appointment but I wanted to make sure you ate today."

I pout, crossing my arms in annoyance with a sigh and he chuckles at me softly, "You know, you're cute when you get all irritated like that."

"Don't patronize me." I roll my eyes and he bellows out a hearty laugh before he leans over to kiss me on the cheek

He points over to the bag of food that he dropped on the table and says, "Take a break and go eat. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay. I say quietly and he smiles at me before turning around and walking out of my office, shutting the door behind him

With a sigh, I look over at my desk to see the Mcdonald's bag on my desk, "Well what kind of person would I be if I let good food go to waste?" I grin, rubbing my hands together and shuffling over to the front of my desk in my heels as I stand over the food emptying out the bag and grabbing the Big Mac that Carter got me. He truly knows me, I smile.

I stand at my desk, looking through the bag for some condiments to put on my burger. Finally finding a mayonnaise packet, I try to open it before it slips out of my fingers and I curse quietly to myself before I step back from my desk and try to find where it fell on the ground groaning when I realize it probably slid under the damn desk.

I roll up the sleeves of my shirt a bit and go to get down on my hands and knees, using my right hand to feel around the area of the bottom of my desk. Not feeling anything I bend lower so that I can get a visual of where the fuck the Mayo packet went.

I finally see it, and I begin to reach towards it slightly struggling so I stretch a bit forward. As I'm still bent over, I hear the door to my office open and close behind me, knowing it's Carter or Leslie.

I let out a laugh, "Okay look before you say anything--" I pause as I continue to struggle to reach the packet, "This fucking mayo packet slid out of my hands and I can't reach it so, I'm sorry for the view alright?" I say in reference to my ass literally being in their face, ducking my head further underneath the desk, finally being able to reach it.

The person behind me chuckles deeply to themself and I freeze, as I don't recognize the voice, "Don't mind me. Keep doing what you're doing, I can wait right here...take your time." the deeper voice says in response

No.

It can't be.

Not in my office.

I gasp quietly to myself and immediately try to turn around, raising my head and hitting it against the desk, hissing to myself in pain hearing the man choke back a laugh, using my hand to grab the top of my head as I scoot back away from my desk on my hands and knees.

I stand up and dust myself off, pulling down my skirt and turning around to face the familiar pair of green eyes that I fell in love with five years ago, my jaw dropping slightly as he looks at me longingly, a smirk gracing his lips, a small 'wow' falling from them.

Our eyes scan the length of each other in awe. His arms, specifically his biceps are noticeably larger, His hair is shorter than the last time I saw him as he cut it back to the length it was before he was arrested. Before we got separated.

His jawline is more defined, cheekbones prominent, his legs look stronger, longer than I remember and even though we're not close enough to each other I can tell he's gotten taller.

His eyes roam the length of my body shamelessly, licking his lips in thought and I'm eager to know what's running through his mind when he stops himself from smiling, biting his bottom lip as he crosses his arms.

"Hi, baby." his voice got deeper too. This causes me to suck in a breath.

I look at him in surprise that he was still in front of me and he waves at me after a few minutes of me staring at him in silence, blinking furiously.

His eyes bore deeply into mine, shaking his head scanning the length of my body once more as my breath falters and I swallow harshly under his gaze.

He's full-blown smiling at me being caught off guard at this point and clears his throat, running his hands through his hair saying,

"I missed you."

---------------------------------

[A/N]

{Not Edited}

He's hereeeeeeeeeeeeee!