TWENTY-NINE

Mexico was absolutely gorgeous so far

Mexico was absolutely gorgeous so far. I've never been here but all my life I've heard Poala speak so highly of her home country and to see her so excited to come back and visit her family for an occasion as monumental as her upcoming nuptials to the love of her life is amazing. I couldn't be any happier for her.

We had only been here for a full day and we've met pretty much the whole family or at least everyone that can make it to the wedding. Paola's Tia Maria was very sweet and she offered to let us live in her home for time being that we're here but Paola decided against it because she knew how her Tia could get.

She didn't care that Paola was a grown woman about to get married and everything, Maria would insist that Ryan, Cyrus, Jesse, and Carter slept in one room while Paola, Justine, Destiny, and I slept in another. In other words, she wouldn't want any funny business under her room.

And I don't know about Paola...actually yes I do because this applies to her too, but this is my first getaway with Jesse ever and no one--not my parents, not Tia Maria---literally no one will ruin my chances of having Jesse put me in several positions for the several days that we are here in Mexico.

Tia Maria also wanted Giovanni and Chinelo to room with Paola's cousins and neither of them was comfortable with rooming with people they don't know.

However, they won't be rooming with each other at the hotel. Chinelo will be staying with me and Giovanni will be with his brother. Not that anything would happen if they did room together especially since it's quite obvious that Giovanni doesnt seem to return the feelings that Nelo obviously has for him...simply because he doesn't know how she feels and only cares for her as a friend. But none of us are getting in the middle of it because it's just a small schoolgirl crush.

"Um. Hola, Senor?" Destiny sits on her bed as she begins to order room service for lunch, "Ah, I'm looking at the Menu and--hold on--I would like to order from the menuto--menuito?" she looks up at me silently asking me if she's saying Menu right as Chinelo and I stare at her from where we sit on my bed.

Yes sadly, Chinelo, Destiny, and I had to room together

I shrug telling her I'm not sure and she continues on with the phone call, "The carne asada looks bueno! Can I have that?" she says into the phone as she closes the menu that the hotel provides back on her bed, "Si...Si....um?...Si" she says again

Finishing up her order she says, "Thank you--I mean--gracias, senor. Hey...If you're not doing anything later I was thinking...hello?" Chinelo and I try to stifle our laughter at her attempt to get a man that's simply trying to do his job

"Um..." Chinelo starts inquisitively, "Aren't you with Carter?" she raises an eyebrow at Destiny and Destiny grins at her nodding

"Yup." Destiny smiles opening up the menu, "Oh no I forgot to order a drink." she says twisting her lips to the side putting on her best-thinking face "It's okay, I'll just drink water."