THIRTY-TWO (RE-UPLOADED)

Third Person

Karma's parents were sitting comfortably right next to Paola's mother as they discussed any topic that seemed relevant to them at that moment. They were happy and grateful for many things. The fact that their daughters are still friends after all these years. They both had great careers and a great home to show for it. And they were grateful that they were meeting again on a night like tonight

Jesse had found the courage to walk downstairs to the ballroom where the rehearsal dinner already started about twenty minutes after his argument with Karma. He felt absolutely horrible because the last thing he ever wanted to make Karma feel was sadness and the look in her eyes before she left him alone in the hotel room already confirmed that she was,

Karma immediately went into a bathroom to control herself before she found herself on the verge of sobbing because Jesse's nerves were affecting her indirectly. She was never confident about having to face her parents but she went to his hotel room so he'd calm her down. The last thing she expected to see was that she was the one that had to pull herself together enough for the both of them.

After she did indeed pull herself together in the bathroom, she found herself ready to go down to the ballroom after Justine had called her asking where she was and then gave her a pep talk in hopes that Karma would listen to her enough to meet them downstairs so she could deliver a toast to Paola and Ryan.

Both of them felt horrible for different reasons but it was Jesse who felt even sicker to his stomach because he had to face her parents and the girl he loved was currently ignoring his calls and not answering his messages. Which he couldn't hold against her at all. But he'd have to find a way to keep the whole Onuoha family in good spirits because right now the only one who wasn't pissed at him was Ruthie and that's mainly because she heard how he came back for Karma and is attempting to turn his life around for her. Courtesy of Justine and Cyrus catching her up.

Paola, after walking around and talking to a few guests, was worried after Justine had alerted her that Karma had been on the verge of a panic attack after speaking to Jesse. So as any best friend would, she opted to give him the 'If you hurt her, I hurt you.' speech again. A waiter had offered her a glass of champagne, taking one off the tray that he carried she thanked him quietly and took a small sip, her eyes scanning the room looking for Jesse which was hard to do when everyone was dancing to the music.

Paola knew that the whole friend group was slightly irritated that she didn't like Jesse but she didn't care. She and Jesse had a mutual understanding that they talked about years ago before his arrest that their main priority was Karma's happiness. They would coexist and attempt to be cordial but they didn't even have to act buddy-buddy because they each found each other annoying. Paola found him annoying because she didn't like his cockiness and his short temper.

Jesse just didn't like how peppy she was when they first met...but he didn't mind it as much until she had snapped on him one time and made a sarcastic comment which was when he realized she didn't approve of him for Karma hence why he gravitated more towards Justine because she's always been the more open-minded of the three friends.

Feeling a hand grasp the side of her waist and a kiss being placed on her temple, along with the cologne that has become one of her favorite scents, she looked up at her fiance with a sad smile on her lips

Ryan's hair was a sandy blonde shade, his natural hair color after having spent years getting his hair dyed to be brown. He wore a dark black tuxedo to match his groomsmen. Leaning down he pecks her lips softly and asks her as he leans into her, due to the volume of the loud music courtesy of the DJ that was currently playing Ed Sheeran's Galway Girl.