{2.3}

Disclaimer:

I do not own The Maze Runner, so I created a summary for it:

Newt: Tommy don't do the thing

Minho: I'm gonna insult you if you do the thing

Thomas: I'm gonna do the thing

Alby: You did the thing didn't you

Alby:

Alby:

Alby: He definitely did the thing

-✼-

The moment those words left my mouth, Gally's eyes widened to the size of golf balls, then filled with rage. It was fast as lightning. He grabbed my arm painfully tightly and forced me to walk alongside him again even as I attempted to escape. Whacking the weak points of his arm with my fist didn't do anything. It seemed he was looking for Newt, and it didn't take much to find him— he was basically right in front of the Homestead.

"Let her go," Newt ordered angrily, pointing at the hand that was gripping on my arm and holding me in place. Chuck and Thomas were now flanked on either side of Newt like a small gang.

"Repeat what you just said," commanded Gally, yanking my arm and making me cry out as pain shot up my limbs. I would have hit him to force him to release me, but I didn't think that was the best idea given our sour history. "Repeat it!"

"I'll only listen to the real leader of this Glade," I hissed through clenched teeth, my face twisted in anger as much as Gally's was. We all looked toward Newt, who had his jaw set tight.

"Let her go," he repeated somewhat calmly compared to how he said it before, "or I won't be the only one bloody limping here."

Newt's face told me he didn't like mentioning his limp and I felt a surge of sorrow for him. Poor Newt. What had happened?

Gally scowled deeply at him for a few seconds before letting me go grudgingly. I glared sharply at him, rubbing my forearm where he had held me as I walked to Thomas's side. My brother. It was so weird how I knew about us being siblings but he didn't. It even saddened me to really consider the barrier between us now. I had to tell him, and soon.

Newt folded his arms across his chest. "Gally, what's gotten you so worked up?"

"You'd know if you had let me make her talk," Gally countered. "It's something she just said. It's vital."

Newt glanced back at me and could tell immediately that I didn't want to give Gally the satisfaction of possibly humiliating me. He turned back toward the Keeper of the Builders and responded carefully, "Well, you said yourself the Gathering was tomorrow, yeah?"

Gally frowned. "Yes, but—"

Newt clapped his hands together, making the Keeper of the Builders jump. "There you have it. She'll say whatever it is tomorrow at the Gathering. No rain checks."

Gally's frown deepened and he stormed off. Chuck, Thomas, Newt, and I all relaxed once the tension in the air disappeared.

Chuck turned toward me, his eyes wide with awe. "Shuck, Dylan, what'd you say to him?"

I chose my response cautiously, not wanting to give too much away. "Something I learned while in the Changing."

Newt shot a troubled glance my way, raising an eyebrow. He didn't have to say a word for me to know what he was silently asking me. I discreetly shook my head.