{0.9}

Disclaimer:

I own these disclaimers (but not The Maze Runner) and apparently they're funny so there's gonna be a lot of them.

--

I woke up screaming. My body was thrashing and I was violently kicking my feet. Someone's arms were wrapped around me, and people were shouting. I stopped yelling so I could get a better glimpse of what was going on, my chest heaving and tiny whimpers escaping my lips.

Alby, Thomas, and Chuck were gathered around the bed I was laying on. I immediately realized I was in the Homestead, but not in my room. It was then when I noticed a guy who must've been a Med-Jack standing by the door, just watching.

Wait. If they were all there, then who was holding me?

Please don't be Gally, please don't be Gally! I thought as I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Dylan! Dylan, you're fine." No, that voice was not Gally's, thankfully. It was Newt. But why on earth was Newt holding me? It didn't matter. I felt like all of the life had been sucked out of me. My hands were cold and clammy and whole body was shaking, but that didn't stop me from collapsing into Newt's chest, relying only on his strength to prevent me from falling off the bed.

"At least it's quiet now," Chuck commented, trying to keep the situation light. Alby just stared at him in disapproval, so he didn't say anything else.

"What happened?" I asked, my voice trembling.

"You passed out from hunger," the Med-Jack explained. "Wasn't too major till you started screaming in your sleep. Shuck, it was loud."

"You wouldn't be quiet till we got Newt in here," Alby added quite gruffly. "Not that it didn't take much. He was already waiting outside when we went to get him." The tips of Newt's ears turned red. "Took about a minute, but he got you awake just fine."

My body was still shaking, but I felt more stable, so I started to release my hold on Newt. However, he didn't let go and instead hugged me tighter. It was comforting; I didn't complain. I could feel a wave of calm washing over me.

"Do you remember what you were dreaming about?" Thomas asked cautiously.

I shook my head, then I thought of how it was weird that a dream could be so bad, yet I couldn't remember a thing about it. The only thing I knew was that it was enough to make me absolutely terrified.

"You wanna get up, Dyl?" Newt murmured, slowly letting me go. I nodded, wondering why he had called me 'Dyl'. Not that I minded - it sounded really good with the accent thing he had going on.

Newt released me and I moved the stray hairs that had fallen out of my braid away from my face, sighing. I swung my body around and stood up hesitantly. I didn't fall or anything, so I walked along as normal until I got to the door, where the Med-jack was. He stopped me before I could leave.

"Make sure to eat something as soon as possible," he reminded me. "My name's Jeff. If you ever feel faint again, come find me, though I'll probably be up here."

"Okay, thank you." I smiled at him and opened the door, walking out with Newt right behind me. Alby, Chuck, and Thomas followed closely.

"Let's get you to Frypan, Greenie," Chuck said, jogging in front of me. I held my stomach and frowned.

"That's weird," I said. "I'm not even hungry."

"You need to eat, Dylan," Newt commanded softly, though there was a certain sternness in his voice that made me know he wasn't joking. "I'll feed ya myself if I have to. We don't need you bloody passing out again."