{2.5}

Disclaimer:

TWENTY-FIVEEEEEE.

-✼-

Everyone was completely still, whether sitting or standing. Thomas looked like he was going to be sick. Gally's words had surprised me, all right, but I knew he couldn't kill us. No one would allow it.

Newt and Winston finally let go of Minho and they all sat in their chairs.

"He's finally whacked for good," Minho whispered. I wasn't sure if we were meant to hear that or not.

"Well, you're not the bloody saint in the room," Newt said. "What were you thinking? That was a little overboard, don't ya think?"

Minho's eyes squinted and his head pulled back like he was surprised by what Newt had said. "Don't give me that garbage. Every one of you loved seeing that slinthead get his dues, and you know it. It's about time someone stood up to his klunk."

I raised my hand. "I did- several times."

"He's on the Council for a reason," Newt pressed, ignoring me. I couldn't believe he was, in a way, defending Gally after what he had said about me and especially since he threatened my brother.

"Dude, he threatened to break my neck and kill Thomas!" Minho exclaimed. "The guy is mentally whacked, and you better send someone right now to throw him in the Slammer. He's dangerous."

Thomas opened his mouth to speak, but instead he stayed quiet. I was astounded by his ability to stay silent for so long, with what was going on. It was the longest I'd seen him go without talking.

"Maybe he had a good point," Winston mumbled, almost too quietly.

"What?!" Minho demanded, saying exactly what I was thinking. My eyes went wide with a mix of complete shock and burning anger.

Winston looked like a deer in headlights that someone had acknowledged what he'd said. "Well, he has been through the Changing — Griever stung him in the middle of the day just outside the West Door. That means he has memories, and he said the Greenie, Thomas, looks familiar. Why would he make that up?"

I could see where he was coming from. But what would Thomas have to do with anything? He was a good guy — not just because he was my twin, but he'd been nothing short of my partner in crime since we arrived.

Partner in crime. I remembered my memory from the Changing, when Thomas had referred to us that way. We were six at the time. And all these years later, we were still that way.

"Winston, did you see what just happened?" Frypan asked, and I was so glad he was sticking up for us as much as he was. "Gally's psycho. You can't put too much stock in his rambling nonsense. What, you think Thomas and Dylan here are Grievers in disguise?"

"Can I say something now?" That was Thomas.

"Wow, Thomas," I said in fake surprise. "You haven't spoken in so long I almost forgot what your voice sounds like."

"That's because I follow the rules." He gave me a playful push.

Newt had a teeny tiny smile on his face as he nodded. "Go ahead. This bloody meetin' can't be much more screwed up."

"I don't know why Gally hates us. I don't care, and I don't think Dylan does either. As for who I really am, you all know just as much as I do. And I guess, if Dylan's right, we're...siblings. Twins?" He looked at me for confirmation, which I nodded to. "I don't remember that. But if I remember correctly, we're here because of what we did out in the Maze, not because Gally thinks I'm evil."