{3.0}

Disclaimer:

Still upset that this book turned out to be so long like I'm only halfway through TMR lmao

-✼-

"Dylan, wake up."

A pair of hands were shaking me awake, which was really annoying. Couldn't they just let me sleep? What time was it?

I grumbled incoherently in response and snuggled further into my warm, comfortable bed.

"Frankly, you scare me and I don't want to be a victim of your attacks, but you need to get up."

Again, I made no move to get up. I didn't care. I was tired, and I didn't want to wake up. That was that.

"Dude, she's gonna kill you, Minho," Another voice said, sounding farther away than the first one. Was that Thomas? I think it was.

"I'm invincible, shank," Minho snapped. "Okay, here goes..."

A dribble of water landed on my face, ice cold on my skin. Before more could follow, I had already lifted up the covers, jumped out of bed, and launched myself at Minho. I wrapped my legs around his waist, flipped him over, and he landed on his back, me on my feet. He lied there for a minute, gasping in pain, while Newt was startled awake by the thump of Minho's body hitting the ground.

"What the shuck was that?" he asked groggily as he sat up and rubbed his eyes. He saw Minho on the ground and heaved a weary sigh. "Minho, what did you do to her?"

"He tried dumping water on her to wake her up," Thomas replied. I could now see that he was standing in the doorway, nowhere near me.

Newt chuckled, which turned into a yawn. He stretched his arms above his head, looking incredibly adorable.

"For the love of Gladers, Dylan," Minho groaned as he got himself up, "where did you learn how to do that?"

I shrugged. It had come as an instinct. "Honestly, no idea. Maybe I was taught before I came here or something."

"It was pretty sweet," Thomas complimented, still not moving from his place in the doorway. Coward.

"Thanks," I said, then glared at Minho, who scratched his head and rubbed his elbow. "Why did you wake me up at this ungodly hour?"

"You're training, Rookie," Minho replied, "and I'm your boss for the duration of this session, so no more flipping me over, got it?"

I mock saluted him, standing up pencil straight with my feet together like a soldier. "Affirmative, Lieutenant Minho." I then furrowed my eyebrows because that didn't sound right. Had I used the correct terms? "Wait-"

Exasperated, Minho grabbed my arm, rolling his eyes as he pulled me out of the room. "Come on."

I scrambled to get my feet underneath me since Minho was moving so fast. I was actually going to follow without complaint until I remembered something very important. Digging my heels into the splintery wood floor, I did my best to make Minho stop. However, since he was so strong and I was very small, it didn't work and he ended up literally dragging me down the hallway. Instead, I decided to flat-out stop moving.

"What on earth are you doing?" Minho demanded.

"I have to go to the bathroom," I told him. He looked to the ceiling and sighed, his cheeks puffing out.

"Fine," he agreed. "Go. But make it quick. Step one of training— you have thirty seconds!"

Panicked, I sprinted down the stairs and out the door, rounding the back of the Homestead and making it to an open bathroom with twenty-one seconds left to spare. When I finished, I came back outside and started to run to the front, but then I realized Minho and Thomas were already waiting in the back.