before you read

Hi! Please read this!!

This book has been getting a lot of attention in 2020 and I'm pretty shocked since this book was written six years ago. Since I've had a lot of readers recently, I thought I would clear some commonly commented things up.

1. This is not a Y/N x Newt story. My OC has her own personality, thoughts, feelings, and character arc. Please don't refer to her as you in the comments ("Why is Alby being so mean to me") or get upset when she says or does something that you wouldn't personally do. She isn't meant to be you, she is her own person. Commenting things like that hurts my feelings because it invalidates all of the hard work that I have put in to making her character. I hope you understand!

2. Books 2 & 3 are way better written, I promise.

3. This series is based STRICTLY off of the books. If you haven't read them, you may be a little confused (especially in the next two books) because the plots are different. Character descriptions are also from the books, except for Newt's because I got hate over keeping his book description.

4. As I said, this was written six years ago. The Fever Code hadn't come out yet (in fact, the first movie had just been released when I published this) and so some details from that are wrong since the book didn't even exist when I was writing this. I don't consider some of the events of TFC canon with my series, and you will see why if you've read it.

5. Please don't yell/swear at me or threaten me. I'm a person with feelings and I read every comment.

6. I try my best to reply but it's hard since I'm busy and I can't always respond to something like "AKSMCKSKAKA." But I really do want to build a relationship with my readers and talk to you guys!

7. PLEASE vote! Votes are way more important than you may think! Don't be a ghost reader— let me know you're enjoying the story by simply pressing that little star button in the bottom corner. Better yet, comments are always appreciated :)

8. This book is connected to my Minho fanfic, Aegis, in the sense that Aegis provides some background about the minor characters in this series. However, I strongly suggest you read this series first! My main OC from here and the one from Aegis only exist in their respective books, however.

That's all! Happy reading!

—Kristyn

P.S: This series has a Pinterest board! Beware of spoilers, but you can check it out on my account @/stilestastic or screenshot the pin code and scan it in the app!

S: This series has a Pinterest board! Beware of spoilers, but you can check it out on my account @/stilestastic or screenshot the pin code and scan it in the app!