eugolorP : Prologue

Her tiny hands were freezing, the short plain white dress she was wearing did not help warm her up at all. The old thin scars that littered her pale arms were aching ever so slightly, but she was happy no new ones were added to the collection.

The huge amount of dolls, toys and plushies she was surrounded with couldn't make the dark, cold room less scary for her.

She tried to comb her messy white hair with the tiny fingers she had so she at least looked a bit presentable. She came across the horn that sat on her forehead and flinched. Tears pooled at the sides of her eyes before clutching the hem of her dress bitterly. She really hated this horn, she really hated this quirk, it only brought her suffer and pain. No one wanted her, no one needed her. That's why she was thrown to the Shie Hassaikai. She was just a burden, and the thought of it only made her chest ache more.

It hasn't been that long since she got taken on by her grandfather, 6 months at most, but it felt like she was suffering for an eternity already.

Yet, something was off recently. Chisaki hasn't been coming to see her at all for the past few weeks, even though he used to drag her to that room every day since her grandfather fell ill 3 months ago.

Even though she was being locked in her room all the time, she was able to get a glimpse of foreign scary looking people visiting quite regularly. And since then, no one did hurt her. Maybe they were just too busy with those visitors?

Fear crept into her soul at the thought of going back to that room, will Chisaki come for her soon? Whoever those people were, she inly begged that they will keep him busy.

Please, just a little longer...

******

Despite having no windows or clocks, she could tell that it was pretty late. She was half sleeping on her bed, never really sleeping properly because her nervous system kept her alarmed all the time, when she heard loud voices talking behind her door.

Her eyes flew wide open immediately, as she jumped to the corner of the room to make her little frame even less visible. She knew it was to no avail, it only made her seem pitiful and helpless, but her body moved by deeply rooted reflexes that she couldn't help but acquiesce.

"Is he really willing to hand her over to them?" She heard one of the guards of her room loud-whisper.

It wasn't unusual to hear them talk outside without considering her existence, and she was not gonna lie, it made her feel less lonely. But it was always useless chitchat about this and that, this was the first time she could get any useful information about her situation. Were they even talking about her to begin with?

She crawled hesitantly towards the door and put her ear to the cold, dark metal.

"Yeah that's what I've heard too, they've been negotiating for the past few days, apparently we agreed on their terms just today" The other guard said. "But wasn't the brat a major element in our plan? What could the league offer that is more important to the leader than the plan of erasing quirks?" He pointed out with an annoyed tone of voice.

Now that, was informative. She knew that Chisaki was with no doubt using her quirk for something, but she didn't know it would be this dangerous! She herself didn't even know what her quirk was exactly or how to control it. But despite everything that have been said, a small bud of hope bloomed in her heart. Was she finally getting out of here? No more locked rooms, pain and tests? But she can't raise her hopes too much, what if those people the guards refaird to as 'the league' were bad people? Will they be using her quirk to do something evil too? Will it be even worse for her there?!

Too many negative thoughts blurred her vision and her breathing quickened. She shut her eyes tightly clutching her hair in hope that the hyperventilation and the weird feeling would disappear soon.

While she was too caught up in her own world, she didn't hear the shuffle outside. She only came to realize the tender hand on her shoulder and the gentle sad eyes looking upon her a moment too late after someone had entered her room.

"You don't have to be afraid anymore, I'm here with you"