snialliV : VI

"Nii-chan?" Eri's trembling voice echoed through the dark room. Aizawa was caught off guard, his head lashed towards the little girl in surprise, holding back a breath. His heart got filled with sorrow while he tried to block the view from the girl at the doorframe with his body.

"Kid! What are you doing here?! I told you to sta-" He didn't even get to finish his sentence before he saw four fingers wrapping around the girl's neck and jolting her upwards very unkindly.

"Well well well, seems like a rat sneaked into our lab" A dangerously low and raspy voice came from behind a hand pinned to a face. "Well, two rats" He added while grabbing Eri's chin tightly with his other hand by two fingers.

Eri's pupils shrunk drastically and she gasped in both fear and pain. Her airway was getting shut as she struggled with every breath.

Aizawa gritted his teeth in frustration while he got hit with a rush of hot adrenaline from all possible glands in his body.

"Now now, hero, we don't want this little girl dying because of you, now would we?" The man covered in hands said, waving his last finger around Eri's neck threateningly.

The man, clearly a villain, seemed very menacing and dangerous, so Aizawa knew better than to make the wrong move and get both kids, and himself, killed. He didn't even know what the villain's quirk was, so he couldn't act rashly. He raised his hands slowly in surrender, still on his knees, studying the man carefully with his gaze.

The villain only chuckled in return, seeming quite satisfied with Aizawa's subjection.

But on the other hand, seeing that Aizawa was restrained because of her made Eri's teary eyes regain some courage.

She quickly knitted her eyebrows together, raised her tiny hands to grab the villain's hand that was holding her chin, and bit it with all her might.

The man with hands yelped and let Eri fall from the unexpected pain rush.

Aizawa, not letting this opportunity slip away, slipped his goggles on and tried to erase the villain's quirk, whatever it was. When he realized that he could, in fact, erase it, he dashed forward and readied his capturing gear, not wanting to waste a second to get the kids to safety.

But right when he was about to get a hold on the villain, a large ugly creature appeared and threw Aizawa across the room.

Aizawa crashed into the library shelves behind, causing several folders and jars to fall down and shatter. Blood dripped down his forehead and his vision blurred for a second. But instead of falling, he forced his aching body to land on his legs and not show any signs of weakness infront of the kid.

He felt something getting squashed beneath his feet, something very sticky and disgusting that he may or may not recognise from previous experiences, but he chose to ignore that for the time being.

****

Eri started running the moment the mean man let her go and dashed towards nii-chan who was laying motionlessly on the ground. She collapsed down next to him and buried her tear-stained face in his shirt, only for him to remain unmoving.

Just when she was about to question the lack of response, she heard a loud crash and turned immediately to see her hero wobbling on his feet, some wet blood droplets hit the ground underneath as well as some red jars, and she could tell hero-san was injured.

Few more tears slid down her cheeks and she felt very lost. She didn't want the kind hero to get hurt, but she couldn't leave her nii-chan's side either. She clutched nii-chan's shirt even more tightly and shut her eyes, refusing to witness any further heinousness.