oreH siH : XXI

Matsuda-sensei stood shocked, mouth wide open in surprise.

He couldn't understand what have just happened. He only remembers the awful long beep and the dreadful sight of flesh and bones.

And then there was a blinding light, before everything settled down, and a normal heart rate was being showed on the monitor once more. 

*****

Aizawa wasn't any less surprised than Dr. Matsuda was, when he saw little Eri rushing inside in tears and enveloping the room with a blinding bright light.

At once, the teens ripped chest started to get filled up with tissues. Missing organs erupted out of nowhere, and red blood started to flow through the empty veins. A big muscle chunk formed in the middle, as the cliffs of the heart started to take form, before it started to contract and relax alternately.

The skin started creeping up from either side, skin cells melting together creating a protective layer, right were it should be.

The monitor woke up to life, as rhythmical beeping filled the room.

When the sound didn't change in over a minute, Aizawa felt relief washing over him from the inside out.

But there was something wrong.

The bright light didn't vanish, and the soft whimpers of Eri made it clear that there was a problem.

Eri clutched her other hand that was touching her nii-chan, trying desperately to pull from the invisible force of her quirk that was uncontrollablely strong.

She felt tears flowing from her squeezed eyes, and she could tell that her horn was abnormally growing bigger.

No! She needed to stop! She'll hurt nii-chan with her evil quirk!

No! She just wanted to help! How did it come down to this?!

"Stop! Stop!" Lightning-like blazes danced around, hitting random things in the room, and a wind-wave send all nurses and doctors flying, making them hit the walls behind them harshly.

"Please!" She pleaded. "Make it stop!" Her hand didn't budge no matter how hard she pulled. Her nii-chan's scrunched up face made it clear he was in agony.

No! Please, she would rather die than hurt hi-

It stopped!!

Eri collapsed down onto the floor, panting and sweating, as she supported her weight on the floor with her hands.

She glanced around, her gaze landing on the kind hero, whose hair was floating magically and his tired eyes red in hue.

Several groans were heard from the nurses who were trying to get up, but Shouta ignored all of them, walking over to Eri on the ground and squatting down to check her condition, not sure if it's safe to deactivate his quirk yet.

"Are you okay?" He asked as gently as he could muster.

Eri's whimpers were heard and her tear-stained face was visible, but she gave a nod, so he didn't comment any further.

"Was that... your quirk?" Another nod.

Okay so he can see why she was afraid of her quirk when they talked about the topic the other day. He can't blame her.