tnemitneS : XXIII

"He's stable now, the heart and lungs are all in the right place"

The other doctor slumped down on the floor in relief, his jelly legs finally giving up and allowing him to finally relax.

But the repose didn't last long, as Matsuda's face scrunched up in disbelief.

"But how could you do that?!" He was barely able to concentrate while working on little Kiyoshi because he couldn't believe a veteran with a conscience such as Tanaka-sensei was able to do what he did.

"You are coming with me!" He practically dragged the older doctor with him to meet the heros whom have been waiting restlessly for an explanation.

The older doctor got shoved down at the feet of the furious Aizawa by the younger one. Not daring to raise his eye level, he kept staring at the floor.

Eri was now taken away by Mirio, as her emotional outbreak got out of hand and they had to sedated her forcefully. The poor girl has been met with a shock after the other without any breaks, it was no surprise her fragile mental health crumbled down under the stress. It was already a miracle she lasted this long to begin with.

Doctor Tanaka didn't know the details of Eri's relationship with the ICU patient, but he understood that they were close. So not having Eri there made him feel a little bit better.

But the three heros towering above him made relaxing pretty far, as he felt he could get murdered at any given moment.

"I- I know I did something awful, I'm terribly sorry" he whispered weakly.

"But I had no choice. My son, Kiyoshi, he had heart and lungs failure since birth, but his condition started worsening recently and I just.... I had to do something. The chance of donation was very slim and I feared we had no time left..." He explained in distress as he held his head in consternation, his orbs darting in every possible direction.

Aizawa walked over to a bench slowly before plopping down heavily. Clenched teeth and disorganized eyes being shaded by the wild long hair that covered his face because of his downward tilted head.

Mic's and Midnight's sympathetic gazes followed their troubled friend all the way, and stayed on him after he'd perched. Both heros were out of their hero costumes and they looked generally awful. Mic's hair being uncombed and un-geled, while Midnight's sexy traits nowhere to be seen under the baggy clothes.

"I swear I tried anesthetization, but it just- it didn't work! I tried!"

Aizawa's head shot up in horror. The boy was awake throughout the ordeal?!!

"Well, we found out he was immune to anesthesia! If you had asked I would've told you!" Dr. Matsuda lashed out. 

"Whatever condition he has, his immortality is limited to not dying. Which means he has no regeneration or healing properties!" He continued.

"Wait. That doesn't make sense. We know that there are hundreds if not thousands of his organs out there" Hizashi commented.

"That's right. Which is why we suspect it's either a quirk of the villains, something similar to what the young girl did, or that the patient's state was not the same back then"

They all went silent. Giving each other silent looks of worry.

"T-then, does it mean that the cells are instable?! Does it carry any risks for Kiyoshi?!" The distressed dad could only think of his son.

Aizawa flounced up furiously, slamming the older doctor to the wall with one arm once more.

"Do you not realize what you did?! He can't die, but he can't heal either! He can only be alive with the very bare minimum. He can still feel pain! He is a human too!"