?smaerD : VIII

"T-toya?"

The man infront of him looked nothing like the brother he once knew, he was taller and his skin was patched together, some of it being awfully burnt. His scarlet hair no more scarlet. But he could feel it, the undeniable bond of blood, it was indeed his brother.

The man in the alley looked over his shoulder in surprise. Not expecting anyone to be out this late or in this part of the city, but most importantly, not expecting to hear that name again.

Both brothers could not hide their shock from seeing each other like that. Especially with a bleeding hero collapsed on the ground of the alley.

The younger Todoroki's chest tightened and his breath hitched, he didn't want to believe it, he thought that he would do anything to meet his brother again, but now? He wasn't too sure. A villain? Has his brother really become a villain?!

"You....bro...ther?" A voice came from the darkness of the alley. Not a single glance of the person could be seen from were the younger brother was standing.

Toya's eyes regained their coldness as his poise came back. He looked at the source of the voice and muttered something Shoto couldn't hear.

Thereafter, just when he was about to step closer, willing to hug his long lost brother despite the fear and uncertainties he felt, a hand grabbed his head from behind. The same voice as earlier spoke up from behind him.

"Don't....hurt"

*****

With a gasp, Todoroki shot up from bed in discomfort. He felt his chest tighten, and he knew something was wrong. His heart was beating uncontrollably and his hands were sweating.

But....what was it?

He suck in some air and ran his hand through his messy bed-hair. Realizing he was starting to have a major headache, he cursed his luck for this crappy morning.

He knew he had a dream, an awful, yet important dream, one that made yearning and nostalgia blossom inside of him, but why the hell couldn't he remember?!

He rubbed his temples firmly, closing his eyes to try to get rid of the fogginess in his head, not being very successful at that.

Deciding it was not worth it, he got up to take a well needed shower, yanking the towels fretfully.

While the water splashed on his face in a relaxing manner, he closed his eyes again and tried to enjoy the sensation of the cold water. He never showered with hot water, not even after his not so optional swimming lessons in the literary freezing lakes at winter. Which was the same reason why he never used his father's quirk, and he never will.

Just that thought made him remember one of his most horrible memories, and he gritted his teeth in frustration. His hand came up subconsciously to touch his scar, clawing aggressively at the unfading redness and the unforgettable image of his mother.

Shoto wasn't aware of his actions until he saw a trail of red in the running water at his feet, and he pulled away immediately, finally realising the blood underneath his nails and the stinging under his eye.

Frowning slightly, he wondered if that could've left a mark on his face. The last thing he needed was someone's annoying attention and unnecessary intervention. But he doubted that anyone will notice with that angry red hue of the scar. He wasn't even close to anyone in 1-A anyway, so there was really nothing to fear.