XXXIII: Mothers

Aizawa kept re-reading the file Tsukaushi had fetched for him. The cold case of one Midorya Inko, found dead in her apartment ten years ago, still unsolved with not much leads to go by. Her corpse, that was burned beyond recognition, was found by her friend and neighbor. By one-

Oh, that complicates things.

Midorya Inko's body was found by one Bakugou Mitsuki, found unresponsive at the crime scene with a disturbed mental state.

And one other.

His own student, the one that had bursted into this very facility yesterday night, Bakugou Katsuki, was found unconsciousness at the scene as well. With no memories of what had happened, he couldn't even recall being there with his mother, and couldn't help in providing an explanation for his mother's terrible state.

The investigators concluded that Mrs. Bakugou had received a tremendous chock because of witnessing Mrs. Midorya's state, yet no one has been able to determine if anything else had happened to the woman.

Aizawa sighed heavily as he recalled the conversation of the previous night with his student. An address that simply popped into his head? With a password and a map? Not that he doubted his student, but that was incredibly sketchy and unbelievable.

Not without massive resistance and objections, Shouta managed to escorted -more like drag with his capture weapon- the explosive teen home last night, after hearing his story about his mother. Which was what led him to Midorya Inko's file.

The first-year student claims that he saw Izuku in a dream of his, and that he had a feeling he was connected to his mother's condition somehow.

Aizawa found the entire thing questionable, but a slight reveal of his thoughts and the blond would've exploded in his face. Literally.

So for now, the hero was determined to research every last bit of Midorya Inko's case. How convenient that it was a weekend.

It was time he got answers to his questions.

****

"Absolutely not!" Shinsou retorted back in dismay. He was not spending his precious weekend hanging with his mother while she worked!

Sachiko scowled and turned his way, stopping midway with her dress's zipper. A flash of something foreign that Hitoshi had never associated with his mother's enthusiastic and kind features was briefly evident, before it was replaced with sternness and resolution.

"That is not up to debate. I'm not leaving you alone. You are coming with me. No objections allowed." She made her final decision.

Hitoshi grunted under his breath in annoyance. When his mother was like this, there was no backing down.

Yet it was weird, how possessive and clingy she had been acting. The woman had never been a pushover, sure, but she used to be more easygoing and flexible.

"Ugh! Come help me with this stupid zipper!" She called from her room after countless failed attempts at reaching her back and zipping the zipper all the way up.

Hitoshi walked over begrudgingly to her, helping the shorter woman. She had always liked to tease him about their height difference, as people always assumed they were brother and sister instead of mother and son.

After doing the zipper, Hitoshi stood at the door frame, leaning slightly on it, as he observed his mother fumbling and running around trying to get ready for work. Sachiko was a beautiful woman that would've looked younger than her actual age, only for the dark circles under her eyes. Hitoshi had always felt guilty growing up, watching how hard it was for his mother to raise him as a single parent, which certainly didn't get easier after he got his hated villainous quirk. She had always blamed herself that Hitoshi inherited a variant of her quirk, so he tried as much as he could to hide the misery and hardships he had to live through because of it.