XXIX: Tracking

Footsteps echoed through empty hallways, everyone being in the cafeteria as it was lunchtime. Only one person walked those paths, checking the surroundings repeatedly. Turning their head right and left, being very cautious not to be seen, the person creaked the door open, revealingly the empty desk of Dr. Matsuda.

The person knew what was needed. In and out, as fast and stealthy as possibly, get the necessary documents and disappear instantaneously. It shouldn't be too hard.

Eyes plastered to the computer, the person tapped the password hastily. How they always knew these things was beyond the person, but no questions, that's the rule. The person only had to comply silently.

Scanning through medical files, finding the required one with the greenette kid, the person used their phone to snap several pictures.

They always seemed to need constant update. No idea why.

Being a traitor was no fun, I tell you.

Just do it.

There's no other choice.

*****

Aizawa slapped the scalpel out of Izuku's hand, making it fly and hit the wall to their right.

But unfortunately, the damage was already done, as warm scarlet blood flowed down Izuku's neck. Aizawa put immediate pressure on the wound, yet the liquid continued to seep through his fingers.

Deep. Too deep.

Izuku's eye was hazed over, eyelid heavy and about to shut.

"Izuku! Why would you do that?" Aizawa tried to control his wavering tone of voice, trying to seem collected and calm, yet his panicked expression gave him away.

"Ge- t....out," Izuku wheezed, blood pooling in his mouth and throat.

A choked sound escaped his lips, as he struggled to breath. He was choking on his own blood.

"Izuku. I'm here. I'm not getting out, whether you want me by your side or not," Shouta continued pressing with one hand, trying to reach the abandoned blanket on the floor with the other one to use it to slow down the massive outflow.

However, before he could press the blanket to the boy's neck, Izuku's hands grabbed the hero's wrists, stopping him mid-action. Aizawa's gaze snapped to the boy's, in a mix of impatience, confusion and panic.

"Izuku! What do yo-!" But before he could question it, the kid's voice cut him off.

"Get -t out!" A small trickle of blood dribbled down his chin.

Aizawa sat still, petrified, as he watched Izuku's intact fingers rising up to the wound, plunging themselves into open skin.

As they dug around, Aizawa reflexively held Izuku's hand to stop him from hurting himself any further.

"W-what the hell are you doing?!" He didn't care concealing the emotions in his tone this time around.

"Get... it out." The hero could feel how Izuku's hand grew weaker under his grip, fingers remaining still and unmoving. He proceeded to drag them out of the ever-bleeding gash, before something flashed across his vision.

His eyes landed upon something.

A silver thing, embedded deeply in meat and muscles. Not much bigger than a thumbnail, but definitely not something that would naturally be there.