shtamretfA : IX

"There was a huge explosion, we were barley able to get everyone out" Midnight said crossing her arms in frustration. "We retrieved only a limited amount of evidence from the lab room, but not a single file has survived. Everything was burnt down to a crisp before we could do anything"

Aizawa gritted his teeth, not ready at all for handling anymore surprises. His hand was in a cast and he was told he suffered a severe concussion. More work and problems were certainly not appreciated right now.

Midnight, with her usual cheesy nature long gone, sighed and drew closer a plastic chair to sit on beside the hospital bed.

"You don't have to babysit me, you know" Aizawa said half-heartedly.

Midnight sighed and snitched an apple from the basket on the table that someone had brought for Aizawa as a get-well gift. Did Shouta really has anyone who would do that for him in the first place? That person needed to be put in a nature reserve for endangered species, because he sure was one if he was sticking around Aizawa until now.

"How's the girl?" The injured hero asked from his position on the bed. He looked quite....sad, if that was a thing he still had. And maybe even regretful, if Midnight would dare say.

"She's currently fine. We brought her here because we suspected a head injury, but fortunately that was not the case. We just think she suffered some mental trauma and is therefore to stay here in the special hero-ward until everything settles down" she informed while trying to peel the apple with a dull knife and failing miserably. Ugh forget it, she knew she was never meant to be a housewife to begin with.

Aizawa only nodded, eyeing the weirdly misshaped apple he was offered.

"And um...the boy?" Midnight looked up, careful with her question. She could tell something unsettling happened on the way to the hospital last night from the look in the other hero's eyes.

"He's alive" Aizawa answered. It was short and simple, yet it seemed to have burdened the hero this whole time. He seemed very troubled, but only a lifetime colleague such as Midnight could tell that by the few signals his body language was sending.

"Well that's good, and...?" she very clearly didn't think his answer was sufficient. And she had every right to, considering the state she saw that boy was in.

"No you don't get it. He...he died. Or we thought he did, but he came back. It was....it was a miracle. He was lucky. And I couldn't...." Aizawa seemed surprisingly disorganized. But he quickly catched on that and sighed, giving Midnight an apologetic look.

He will be blaming this on the concussion.

"How about you take a look by yourself instead?" He finally decided, handing her a clipboard about the physical condition of that boy.

She took it and started reading carefully, from the broken bones and ribs to the infected gashes and burns. Midnight could not help but be disgusted by the deeds of those villains.

She put the clipboard down on the nightstand and patted Aizawa on the leg from above the plain blanket.

"But you saved him, didn't you? You have nothing but pride to feel" she faintly smiled and stood up.

"We will inform you about the evidence we found when we are done with the laboratory analysis" she waved and walked out before being able to receive an answer.

"Oh! And I informed Mic that you are here! I advise you prepare yourself with earplugs and maybe an invisibility cloak too" she stuck only her head back in the room and winked before slamming it shut, leaving an annoyed Aizawa behind who let one or two profanities slip.

****

"Bro! It's so manly of you to come!" exclaimed Kirishima while running to Bakugou's side to walk together. The boy seemed to be finally back to normal.

Only a few students came along because Iida insisted it would be every inappropriate to come to a hospital as a whole class. Wonder how Mic-sensei did even suggest such a thing!

So in the end, he narrowed down the number to him, Uraraka-kun, Mina-kun and Kaminari-kun. Two boys and two girls, the perfect balance that the universe must behold. But for an unknown reason, Uraraka-kun insisted on bringing Todoroki-kun, Kirishima-kun and Bakugou along.

"Shut up shitty hair, you think I'm here because I want to?!" King explosion murderer yelled as rudely as ever. But Kirishima, being Kirishima, took no offense and grinned wildly, knowing that Bakugou could have declined if he wanted to.

"Everyone! Be quite, we're in a hospital!" Iida had to comment of course. Not realizing that he was shouting as well.

He turned his head firmly and led the group to the room the receptionist pinpointed. He couldn't help but remember his brother because of the familiar atmosphere of the hero-ward. It made him slightly anxious and edgy, even more than usual. But he had to pull himself together! He was not alone and he had to take responsibility for the rest of his classmates' behaviour, which was surely to prove itself more than problematic.

And before long, he started to hear his classmates fussing behind him.

"Oi! Watch where you're going, you shitty brat" Bakugou was the first one to be heard.

"Don't be so rude! Little girl, are you okay?" Mina scolded Kirishima along with Bakugou even though he did nothing wrong. She crutched down to the little girl's level on the ground to help her get up and gave a beaming smile.

Unfortunately, the girl was the one and only Eri-chan, and despite the group being relatively gentle, she was too scared that she couldn't utter a world and started to tear up. The big figures towering above her only brought back awful memories.

Everyone didn't know what to do and panicked, with Mina's smile gone and replaced with a confused look.

"Dude! What did you do to her?" Kaminari questioned, coming to the most reasonable conclusion that it was totally something Bakugou did. And I have to say, it's not dumb at all, for Kaminari, that is.

"What?! You're saying it's my fault?!" Kirishima had to hold an angry Pomeranian to avoid filling more hospital beds.

Why can't this class act civilized for once?

Uraraka took it upon herself to reassure the crying poor girl and sat beside Mina.

"Hey, it's okay, no one is mad at you, we were just concerned" she patted her hair slowly.

Something about that kind onee-san just reminded her of nii-chan. The same warm voice, and caring touch. It just made her cry even more.

"Man, don't cry, it's not manly!"

"Hey! She is just a little girl! And Bakugou scared her!" Mina snapped.

"What! She was the one running in the corridor and bumping into others!"

"Everyone! It's a hospital! Stop arguing, it's not proper for heros in training to disturb patients!"

Words were flying right and left and they went into chaos.

To say the least, loud noises and arguments were not exactly good for a traumatized girl that just got rescued, but to her luck, a panicking Mirio showed up just in time.

"Oh thank God, you found her!" He walked to them slightly out of breath, clearly having searched the whole building for little Eri-chan.

"Senpai?"