uoy fo trap A : XVIII

"We got the same results" Midnight informed. The dark expression on Aizawa's face got even darker, as he cursed the accuracy of his senses.

He knew these jars in that underground basement were shady, he had a feeling he didn't want to know their contents, and he was right.

He didn't need to know that these were organs forcefully uprooted from a single kid, just because he was undying.

What about pain? Couldn't he still feel it?

The thought made Shota squeeze his eyes shut in devastation. What about the conditions of these surgical procedures? Did he even get anesthetized?! And the equipment? He sure hopes that it was not those unsterilized and dull scalpels...

Midnight squeezed his shoulder, her heart breaking for seeing her comrade despairing. Aizawa covered his eyes with his right hand, clenching his teeth as hard as it's humanly possible.

Dr. Matsuda sat at the opposite bench in the same silent corridor, reading frantically the pile of results he just received.

"It's still an initial estimation, but we believe that over 46% of our blood and organ supplies are also..." He didn't need to finish, the horrific fact was already said.

Midnight clenched her fists in anger. How could they?!

"I'll start an immediate investigation and track down the traders, I'll make sure every single one of them is being dealt with! And that every organ out in the marked is confoscated" She exclaimed in devastation, not even sure herself if she could accomplish that.

"Wouldn't that put the boy in danger?" Mic who was sitting oddly silent the whole time started to speak up. Midnight turned her head fastly, nearly aggressively, and glared at the man. Was he suggesting they don't do anything?!

"I mean, if we strip these villains of their products, wouldn't they try to get the source back?" Mic was uncharacteristically being rational, making the boy's safety his priority.

"Then what?! We just sit still watching them trade with a kid's freaking organs?!" Midnight was getting rather emotional, probably feeling slightly guilty at what became of the kid, thinking that she should have rescued him sooner.

"Of course not! I'm just saying that we need to be careful not to risk the children's safety! You think they could handle getting kidnapped once more?!" Though Midnight considered herself more rational than Mic, he did make a point.

"Sir" the laboratory researcher that discovered the cells' immortality made her presence known. She was sitting beside Dr. Matsuda this whole time, though most of them didn't realize her presence.

"What should we do with the organs we have? We even have several transplantations scheduled for the next few weeks too" she asked the doctor who was still busy reading the details.

"Cancel everything for now" he ordered. How many transplantations have they already done? Do they need to call back every single one of them? Should these patients even keep these organs?

"But sensei! There are many who has been on the waiting list for years, some of them relying on these surgeries as their one and only hope to survive!" The reasercher argued, and although she had a fair point, she got sharp gazes from three different people.

"I'm aware. But beside the ethical dilemma, we are not sure of the safety of these transplantations anymore. It's for the patients health as well, I'm not taking an emotionally based decision" the young doctor explained patiently.

Upon hearing the reasoning, the reasercher retreated the arguing back, if it was for the patients' safety, then it indeed did make sense.

Coming to think of it, they always analysis the organs before any transplantations to check various factors such as the blood type and  matching percentage of the tissues. How come they never discovered that half of them belonged to the same person?