sseneugaV : XI

Aizawa was feeling a lot better. He was able to roam around freely without Midnight or Mic nagging him to rest or stay in bed, not because they finally allowed it, of course, but because he sneaked out on his own.

He can't sit in bed forever after all. He has very important matters to attend to. And though he hated to admit it, he missed his students and wanted to go back to teaching.

But before that, he needed to check on the new problem kids. He wasn't too worried about Eri-chan, because Mirio was taking care of her instead of going to school. Under normal circumstances he would have punished him for missing so much, but he gotta admit that the sense of responsibility he had seen from the hero in training exceeds many of those half-baked public heros that he had met throughout his career.

The other problem child, however, was a different case. Aside from not waking up until now, a week later after the rescue mission, the doctors informed him of instability in vital signs.

Aizawa was not a doctor, and he knew that he couldn't be of any help, but he decided that it was his responsibility to bear. Maybe if he had found them a bit earlier....

No, these thoughts won't help anyone now, he's gotta focus on what's important for the time being.

The hero reached the intensive care unit before he knew, and found himself at the door of the kid's room. A nurse that was changing bandages greeted him before excusing herself out.

The bare, dismal room fell into silence, only the noise of the many hooked machines was left beside his racing thoughts. The beeping got distorted and blended with the sound of his beating heart, as he felt himself getting sucked to the shadows.

Aizawa could only stare at the still form of the boy that looked very small and pitiful in the pile of blankets. The previously unrecognisable hair colour was now a clean grass-green hue. He looked awfully vulnerable, as if a single faint breeze was enough to dissolve his pale skin and erase his very existence, not leaving any traces behind.

Aizawa sighed and closed his eyes, feeling very mentally drained. His thoughts drifted toward little Eri-chan, what should he tell her? Should he just let her see the boy like this? It didn't sound right for Aizawa, he realized how unhealthy attached she was to him, and he can't blame her now, can he? And with their bound? It would definitely be painful for her.

The sound of the ventilator, forcing the air in and out of the boy's lungs echoed through the whole room. The beeping of the heart monitor slightly irregular, making Aizawa itch in irritation, and giving him a tad of unexplainable fear.

He didn't know how much longer he would have to keep her waiting. She finally began to open up and trust them little by little, he can't break his promise.

Well, the sooner the better. Guess he gotta let her see him today.

So reading himself to leave, Aizawa took a last glimpse of the boy and stood up. But before he turned around, he realized a finger twitching.

It took him a second to process the movement, but he found a flower of hope starting to blossom inside his injured chest.

Maybe it was really the right day he chose to allow Eri to visit after all!

But soon enough, Aizawa's hope turned into dread. It was not only a finger, the boy's arms and legs were twitching, at first barely remarkable, but in the matter of seconds, it got very violent and uncontrollable.

Aizawa immediately pushed the alarm button that called over a stream of doctors.

By the time they came the monitor was beeping at a high pace. The kid was bleeding from his ears, nose and mouth, and he was sure he saw the boy open his eye to look at him pleadingly for a millisecond, as if pleading for help, or maybe..... for salvation.....