Chapter 1

*EDITED*

Don't forget to favorite!

Hayven

"Let's go! We're going to be late for the bus!"

  That's Julia, always wanting to be on time.

"I'm coming! Chill your face!"

  I grab everything and run out to meet her at the bus stop. It's still dark, but the air is warm and dry. Good thing I'm wearing shorts.  The bus turns the corner.

Julia

"Have everything?" I ask, she always seems to forget something.

"I think so," Hayven replies, rummaging her backpack.

  I see the bus drive down our way.  We walk on and take a seat. It's quieter than usual, I think, looking around.

"It's quiet. Too quiet," Hayven whispers. I'm glad someone else realizes it. 

"I know. Did we miss something?" I whisper back. I look over to see Brad who is usually laughing.

"Brad, why is everyone so quiet?" Brad looks at me.

"Oh, yeah. Everyone got yelled at for being too loud. There's a new driver," He points to the driver.

Hayven looks up, "I forgot, Mark, said there was going to be a new driver."

  Oh, that explains a lot. I look out the window to see a limping man, "Look, that guy is running after us. Do you think we should stop and help?"

  Before anyone can answer, we turn the corner and see the man just turn around and walk away.