Chapter 30

(A/N): Yay! 30 chapters?? Thank you everyone for enjoying my book, voting, and that jazz c: on with the story!

---------------------

Kate's POV (filler chapter)

We sit around a small campfire, Beth's singing flows through the air. She has a beautiful voice; wish I had a voice like that. I silently hum along at her song, not knowing the lyrics.

We sat here for hours, just listening to the voice of Beth, and the silence that took over in time. The campfire soon was out, letting us retire to bed. I stayed back though, looking up at the night sky. I lay back against the grass. Stars scattered across the sky like freckles on a face. Breathing in the freshness of the air, I feel an arm wrap around me. I turn my head to see my brother, Oliver.

"Enjoying the sky?" He asks, hugging me.

I only nod, not wanting to speak. I notice the Little Dipper, pointing at it.

"The Little Dipper," I point, "The sky is very pretty tonight."

"It is," He smiles, "And look, there's the Big Dipper."

I smile back, "Is that a real smile I see?"

Oliver laughs, playfully nudging me, "Same to you miss."

I laugh, a true laugh since this apocalypse happened. I'm almost shocked at what came out of my mouth. I nudge him back. It just makes us laugh more at each other.

We sit under the stars, silently just how it was before. It's a nice silence though, like we enjoy each other's company. We do.

We used to watch the stars through our windows at night, long ago. The stars would twinkle, giving the sky more beauty. I would look down at the streets below, seeing cars go by.

It was nice just sitting here. Wishing it didn't end. Sadly, when there's peace, it always comes to an end.

----------------

(A/N): sorry it's short! I'm still on spring break, and I needed a chapter out.